PDA

View Full Version : Im going to my 1st appointment tonight

sarah
03-02-04, 17:11
Hi all,

Just thought I would let you know, ive got an appointment tonight at 7:30 for hypnotherapy.

Its my next line of defence against this panic lark...lol

Im nervous about it but hoping its going to work for me, ive prepared myself by doing yoga and exercise today so im well rid of excess adrenaline and feeling relaxed.

Not feeling relaxed about the price tho...its £70 a session!!![:0]

Will let you know how I get on!!

love Sarah[:X]
xx

nomorepanic
03-02-04, 19:56
Sarah

You will love it - I used to find it so relaxing.

£70 a session does so a little overpriced to me - most charge about £50 but give you a discount for block bookings.

Let us know how it goes ok?

Nicola

Laurie28
04-02-04, 12:19
Sarah,

How did you go on your 1st session??

Lucky

sarah
04-02-04, 15:01
Hi Guys

Well im not going into how panicky I felt before I got there as im sure you can all imagine...strange person, strange surroundings, whats she going to do to me etc!!!

Anyway, she sat me down in a comfy chair and just asked me questions about why I was there, and from what I said she must have picked up on stuff as she continued with asking me about my redundancy, my wedding stress, my grandparents dying, my relationship with my family/husband/friends etc.
I decided to just be completely open about what I was telling her as there's no point doing it if im not open and honest...she cant help me get to the bottom of it if I dont tell the truth.
You would be amazed at what came tumbling out of my mouth, stuff I thought hadnt bothered me I realised had been bugging me more than I realised.
Anyway to cut a very long story short (and im not going to tell you what we talked about...lol) I had what was esentially a nice long counceling session so I could off load all the rubbish in my head.

Then she told me to close my eyes and describe my most realaxing place I could think of (which was a nice deserted beach) and so with prompting I described it (feeling really daft[:I]) and she kept prompting me and telling me that it was my 'safe place' and anytime i felt anxious I should think of it and feel relaxed. This bit only lasted about 5 minutes (think its longer next time, this was just a 1st taster) and at the end she counted from 1 to 10 and told me to open my eyes. And you know what? I wasnt 'hypnotised' like we all think it will be but I was totally relaxed and felt really rejuvenated after.

IM going again next week to see if it really can help, after all it was a nice experience and what have I got to lose?

Oh and she only charged me £40 so that was a real bonus too!!!!

Love Sarah
xx[:X]

By the way....
I was fully aware of everything so for all you lot who think I was away with the faires and clucking like a chicken you can stop it right now!!!..lol[:p]

kate
04-02-04, 15:58
Hiya Sarah,

Glad to hear that the hypnotherapy session went well.

How nice to feel relaxed lol

Let us know how it goes next week!

Kate x

nomorepanic
04-02-04, 19:26
Sarah

I told you it would be great!! and so pleased you like it. They always spend the first session getting an idea of what is wrong and then the next few sessions will be straight into the Hypnotherapy.

My safe place is a beach too!

Great about the price too - saved you some money then yeah? I hope you find it more and more beneficial each week. I found that it got me to sit still and relax for an hour - something I don't do very often - lol.

Nicola

sarah
12-02-04, 14:46
Hiya Guys

Well, had 2nd session last night and it went really well.

One hour of pouring pouring out my troubles and half an hour of hypnosis. Extremely relaxing again and I left feeling on top of the world.

I dont expect to be cured 'just like that' but even if it helps a bit its worth it.

I had quite a bit of anxiety today BUT, that is probably because ive been out and about a lot today....Ive been to my mums, been to sainsburys, been to the bank, bought hubby valentines pressy and been to another shop. And ive also got a doctors appointment in 45mins. So, even if Ive been anxious, i must be feeling more positive or i would have done what I usually do..stay at home trying to keep occupied!!! Bizzarely enough, the most anxiety I felt today was at my mums when I was holding my sisters new baby and not in the shops!!!!

love Sarah
xx

Lottie32
12-02-04, 15:21
If you're as clumsy as me, it's probably because you were frightened you'd drop it!

So glad you've found something that works for you Sarah.

Take care, and keep on moving onwards.

Love

Charlie

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

sarah
29-03-04, 01:46
Hiya all

I havent been keeping you up to date with my sessions as they are pretty much the same but I felt I should update you on my fab progress (hope I dont jinx it by posting ..lol)

Well Ive now had 4 sessions I think and they pretty much run along the same lines as I said before...loads of time to discuss problems and moan about my life and then some hypnotherapy for about 20 mins/half hour.

Im not entirely sure but I think my progress is down to the hypno.... for last month I have had only minor anxiety, not even a whiff of a big panic and I have been testing myself too.

Ive managed supermarkets on my own

I go for a walk up the road to the shops some days (which I dont like doing as my car isnt right by me) and I usually manage the end of my road, cross the street and buy some milk/paper and make a quick exit back home, but Ive now managed to turn the corner and walk up the road and wait in a florists for 10 mins while they made up a bouquet!!!!! (sound daft but im deal proud...lol)

filled up with petrol..no probs

been to pubs...no probs

queued in banks...no probs

Ive even managed to get over my panic holding my sisters baby which was really scareing me.

Well, im not saying im 'cured' by any means but as most of you who know me, know I do go out a bit but panic nearly everywhere I go, this is a major step for me...Just hope if I get another pa I remember everything and dont fall to pieces...lol

anyway enough rambling...just trying to say why not give hypnosis a go..it must be doing something for me so it might work for you too!!!

Ive got another appointment tomorrow and for the first time im gonna attempt to go on my own (usually drag hubby along to sit bored in her office..lol) so wish me luck and I will let you know if I was brave enough!!!

love Sarah
xx

Meg
29-03-04, 13:34
Sarah,

Its so good to see you making steady progress.Well done on pushing yourself to do these things

Good luck for tomorrow !

Meg

jollywalrus
29-03-04, 16:02
Sarah, I am inspired by your new sense of freedom. I am so pleased for you. Well done!
Christine

twister
29-03-04, 21:46
Brilliant Sarah - it sounds like its going really well for you!:D

Emily

sarah
30-03-04, 00:10
Thanks Guys

Well I plucked up the courage to go on my own, left at 6.30 for my appointment at 7 and no traffic meant I was there at 6.45 so I had 15 mins of fidgeting in my car before I got in there. (good job I had my mobile phone so I could play a game and distract myself eh)

I got to the door, knocked and she opened it and said 'Ohh Sarah, what are you doing here?'

I'd only gone and got the wrong day...its NEXT Monday...[:I]

Oh well, its all good practice and I didnt panic driving there once.:D

love Sarah
xx

Laurie28
30-03-04, 12:00
Oh dear Sarah!!

God i hate it when taht happens (although I tend to do things late instead of early) but at least you had a panic free journey eh!!!!!

take Care

Lucky

Meg
30-03-04, 15:54
Your intention of doing was spot on. Well done for that alone
So next Monday - you already know that the journey will be fine. Progress indeed.

Meg

"Come to the edge."
"We can't. We're afraid."
"Come to the edge."
"We can't. We will fall!"
"Come to the edge."
And they came.
And he pushed them.
And they flew.

- Guillaume Apollinaire

sarah
20-04-04, 18:49
Hiya guys

Well I havent told you all whether I made it on my own (on the right day) so Im dead happy to say I MADE IT!!!!!!.

Felt fine on the journey, a little fidgety while I was in there but I did good :D

She was really pleased with my progress and asked me if I needed any more sessions. Well if any of you have read my post on what a nightmare holiday ive just had..im feeling particularly nervy since I got back so im going to book another appointment. No point stopping now im feeling a little better is there? Might as well go till im feeling on top of the world.

Anyway I cant stress enough how much I recommend going to hypnotherapy...its done me the world of good and im so much more positive about things. Its really relaxing and well worth it.

If only one of you reads this and decides to go and it helps you, then it makes all this waffling ive just done worthwhile [:I]

love Sarah
xx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

Meg
20-04-04, 19:00
It's great that its helped you Sarah and you've bounced back from the holiday well enough.

I guess the trick with hypnotherapy is trying to keep fresh in your mind what you've learnt after the sessions are finished. Maybe a top up session every few months if possible .

Thanks for the update

Meg

kate
20-04-04, 19:15
Hiya Sarah,

I actually phoned the National Council for Hypnotherapy yesterday, to get details of therapists in my area.

Left my details on an answerphone and they say they will contact me with the relevant info.

Anyway, I'm so glad that it is helping you and hopefully I will be giving it a go very shortly!

Kate x

pips
21-04-04, 16:19
Hi Sarah

Just been reading your FAB diary in into the world of Hypnotherpy.

I was wondering how many sessions you had roughly.

As Myself Hubby,and his Mum & Dad are going on holiday to Canada for two weeks in August & spending 3 days on the train & the rest on a coach stopping over at a few places.

Now don't get me wrong I have always wanted to see the Rockies & Niagra Falls etc & think myself very lucky to be going.

On the other hand i am absolutly PETRIFIED!!!!!!! I'm not 100% sure why?

One reason i think is I have an exstreme fear of being ill when i'm away. The other could be My hubby's parents are wonderful people but I'm really scared as I never been away with them before. I am afraid of showing myself up by getting anxious or worse still having a Panic Attack in front of them. ARRGHHHH!!

So all in all I am bricking it pretty much!!!!

I was wondering if Hypnotherpy might help before I go away? Your sessions sounded so positive and I am so glad you are doing so well!

Any advice would be gratefully appeciated. Thanks!

I hope all is well with you.

Take Care

Love Pip's XX

nomorepanic
23-04-04, 19:47
Pips

Hypnotherapy is great for short term fixes too. I used it to get me on a plane and I only had one session.

Read my website page - www.nomorepanic.co.uk/hypnotherapy.htm

Nicola

pips
23-04-04, 20:35
Cheers Nic,

Yes funny enough I have just finished reading it. Great advice as always!!!

Thanks again

Hope alls well

Take Care

Love Pip's XX

sarah
23-04-04, 20:57
Hiya Pips

Ive had 5 sessions each lasting about an hour...45 mins talking/councelling and 15 mins hypno (although it varies from time to time).
I really do think its worth a try Pips...It might not work for you but imagine how brilliant it will be if it does!!!

Give it a go and let us know how you get on

love Sarah
xx

pips
26-04-04, 12:57
Cheers for the advice Sarah,

I will definately think about giving it a go.

i will start saving up my pennies.!!

Hope alls well with you

Take care

Love Pip's XX

april tones
30-04-04, 21:41
hi sarah, this is my first time in hypnotherapy section. So glad its working for you, you sound like you really enjoying it. i would love to do it but cant afford it. I have relaxation print out sheets with similar exercises that my old counceller gave me, they are good. take care, keep up good work, love april

apriltones

nomorepanic
01-05-04, 16:31
April

Yes it can be expensive. When I went about 2 years ago she charged £35 a session which was a lot then but now she charges £50 and even I think that is too expensive.

I don't think we can even get it on the NHS either!

Nicola

april tones
01-05-04, 18:09
its a shame isnt it. I bet thats because they dont believe it really works and it costs too much, x

apriltones

sarah
03-05-04, 18:12
Hiya

Kate, did they ever get back to you about hypno after you left the message?
Are you going to try it?

love Sarah
xx

kate
03-05-04, 18:18
Hiya Sarah,

No, they never did get back to me.

I called another twice since, answerphone both times and I e mailed a therapist who is not too far from me, but she never replied either!

Must have heard about me and decided I wasn't worth the effort!!

Kate x

sarah
03-05-04, 18:26
Hiya Kate

For goodness sake, what is wrong with these people. Anyone would think they were so rich they didnt need our money...hold on at £50 an hour they probably are...LOL

love Sarah
xx

kate
03-05-04, 18:47
Sarah,

I was a bit put out cos it was the official web site as I wanted to find a reputable one.

Don't really know who to contact now. Any thoughts?

Kate x

Tessie28
05-06-04, 12:26
Hi guys,

me too. Like Kate says I want to make sure I get a proper one. any ideas[?]
love Tess

sarah
06-06-04, 17:42
Hi Tess

Take a look at this link from the homepage on hypnotherapy. At the bottom of the page there are a list of links that Nicola has provided for hypnotherapy. I got my hypnotherapist through word of mouth and she is great but you could also take a look in your local yellow pages. You have to find someone you get on with and trust because even if they are reputable it doesnt mean you will gel with them if you get what I mean?

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/hypnotherapy.htm

take care
love sarah
xx

nomorepanic
06-06-04, 19:44
Hiya Tess

I just want to add to what Sarah says. I don't just add anyone to the Links page as it would spiral out of control. Most of the people on there were recommended to me by others or my hypnotherapist knew of them. Some email me and we exchange a few emails before I add them just to be sure they are legitimate etc.

I try to add links that people can trust but the best recommendation would come from word-of-mouth.

Nothing bad will happen to you if you get a bad one but like Sarah said you need to trust them, get on with them and be able to relax with their voice.

I called the one I saw and talked on the phone for over 30 mins first until I felt that I could trust her - then I went to see her. Most do an introduction session so you can fidn out then if you and him/her are suited.

Good luck

Nicola

Tessie28
17-06-04, 14:24
Hi Nicola,
think I've found a practise in the town with two hypnotherapists to choose from [means I can get there on the bus without lift etc.]. I'm going to go and make an appointment tomorrow and make a start while I'm still off work.

Love Tess
xx

sarah
17-06-04, 18:03
Hiya tess

Brilliant!!!, you go for it!!!!

Let us know how you get on and I hope you find it as relaxing and beneficial as I did!!

love Sarah
xx

Tessie28
18-06-04, 18:08
Hi,
have been to get some info today. They charge £50 for 1 1/4 hour appointment. anyone know if this is the norm[?] It just seems a lot as they say you would need between 8 and 12 sessions. I'm not being tight [maybe I am] but perhaps I ought to wait and see about my NHS assesment appointment [for CBT] first. I wish I could make £50 an hour :D[:D. Obviously in the wrong job!!

Anyway any views would be welcome guys,
love Tess x

sarah
18-06-04, 19:10
Hiya Tess

£50 sounds about right im afraid...lol

I only had 5 sessions and had a real improvement. I havent had one since easter but im probably going to go back soon for a few 'top up' sessions.

love sarah
xx

nomorepanic
18-06-04, 19:54
I am having a one-off session at the Health Farm next week and that is £45.

Most hypnotherapists offer a discount for block bookings - may make it a bit cheaper.

Nicola

Tessie28
19-06-04, 10:22
Thanks girls. Not sure what to do. Would go for it if the doctor hadn't put me forward for this other thing I think but will probably wait until I hear from the NHS. Six sessions would be okay but if I needed twelve we are talking a lot of money out of our budget.

Love tess x

tina
19-06-04, 12:39
thanks for ur story i was thinking of having hpnotherapy now i shall definatley try it, could u tell me though what happens when u stop going will all ur panic states come back

kate
04-08-04, 19:21
Well I finally found myself a hypnotherapist.

Was chatting to my neighbour over the garden fence, as I have done for the last 7 years, when we started discussing anxiety.

She informed me that she had suffered herself some 13 years ago, and had ended up being hospitalised for 3 months.

She told me that her salvation had come when she had been recommended a hypnotherapist.

She gave me his number and I went for an appointment yesterday.

The first 10 minutes we just talked about the problems, how long I'd had them etc.

I was then hypnotized and although totally under, I was aware of everything going on around me and of the questions and my answers.

He spoke to my sub conscious the whole time, asking at which ages certain events had occured to contribute to the anxiety.

We talked about 2 specific ages, and about the feelings that I had at those given times.

Very in depth, so wont bore you all with the details. Some are a bit too personal anyhow!!!

I was under for 1 and a half hours, though it felt like about 10 minutes.

I was very, very sceptical about it all, to be honest, BUT I have to report that I have noticed big changes in myself following the session.

I can't explain it. As I said, I never for a moment believed that it would make any difference to me at all.

But, things in my thoughts have changed for the better, so anything that makes a difference has to be worth it.

Kate x

Meg
04-08-04, 20:03
I'm so pleased Kate .

I hope it has a beneficial effect . So many people have reported its benefits .

Are you going again ?

Meg

nomorepanic
04-08-04, 20:54
See kate [^]

Told you you would love it - ner, ner, ner ner ner!!

Glad it helped and hope you will keep going back

xx

Nicola

kate
04-08-04, 22:26
Meg and Nic,

Thanks for the replies.

He asked my sub conscious how long it would need before it felt ready to tackle more issues and I replied a month.

So, I will be going back after this time. He reckons one more session should be enough.

Have got a reinforcing tape from him as well to listen to every day if possible. I listened to it earlier and it worked as quickley as it did yesterday when I was actually having the session.

As I said, I was very sceptical and I really can't believe how different I am feeling.

Thanks for your words of encouragement, both!

Kate x

sarah
04-08-04, 23:05
Hiya Kate

Im so pleased that you have found a hypnotherapist that you trust and get on with.

I was really sceptical too but it worked a treat for me aswell.

I really hope you can work on the issues and I really hope it continues to be a great benefit.

looks like this could be the beginning of a new you eh?

take care
love Sarah
xx

kate
04-08-04, 23:20
Hiya Sarah,

Thanks for the reply.

I really didn't expect to feel any different at all, to be perfectly honest!

I too hope that it will be a turning point and I'm glad to hear that it also helped you as well!

Take care

Kate x

kate
07-08-04, 08:55
During my hypno session last Tuesday, we discussed in depth my PND, my feelings at that time and my subsequent relationship with my daughter over the last 12 years.

Since then, my relationship with my daughter has been fantastic. I can't explain why, but things have definately changed for the better, which I am very pleased about.

But, since this and another matter have been dealt with, I have been aware of my violence fears becoming more and more intense.

Could this be because other issues have been resolved and this is now the only real cause of my anxiety?

I had been dealing well with things like the kids going to the cinema and shopping etc with their friends, only having slight twinges of worry.

But I am now going over the top again with the worrying.

There are so many things I can't do cos of the violence anxiety.

I can't go on public transport, might witness violence.

On the motorway I could be stuck in a traffic jam which may incite road rage, violence again, etc etc, you get the general picture.

I think it was Meg who said time without incident is the key to overcoming your problems.

Well, I haven't witnessed any violence at all for several months now but I STILL can't relax as if I did see any act of violence it would then set me back again, so feel like I can't take the risk so don't face the things that are scaring me.

I am just so frustrated at all the things I can't do due to this fear.

I wanted to go to the meet at Nic's today but can't cos of these stupid fears.

Just hope that next session at hypno will address these fears and I can have some kind of a life back.

Just had to get all this off my chest, thanks for listening

Luv Kate x

nomorepanic
08-08-04, 16:22
Hiya Kate

I am aware of your problems with violence but I have to say that you haven't mentioned it as much recently so that has to be a good sign doesn't it. Shows that it doesn't rule your life quite as much but I appreciate that it is still there in the background chipping away at you.

Ask them to specifically concentrate on this area in the hypnotherapy and see what comes out of it.

As for the meet yesterday, well as you couldn't make it we decided to hold it at your house next LOL. Only kidding. I will get up to see you soon ok?

Big hug to you

xx

Nicola

kate
10-08-04, 22:24
Hi Nic,

The violence thing is still the reason why I don't do things/go places.

I don't mention it cos it's old news lol!!!

I'm going through another delightful depressive spell at the moment which is really annoying me cos I'm on holiday.

Mind you, have noticed that all my depressions seem to come during the holidays. Not enough to occupy my mind maybe?

You know me, wont talk about how I feel unless I really have to [:I]

See you soon then!!

Kate x