PDA

View Full Version : crazy like me!!

pants
24-01-10, 20:06
Hi Everyone! I'm 44 and have been on cipralex for 6 months. I've had anxiety and depression all my life but was "managing" then I decided I wanted a permanent relationship and "Blammo!" everything multiplied a million times over. I have a very succesful carreer, an amazing 20 year old son, I have money and property and friends and a great job....but I have avoided intimacy and trusting men my whole life. Which was why I managed so well... Oh i've had relationships which ended the moment things got "close" I always thought I just couldn't find the right guy...then one day I couldn't deny anymore that every guy I'd ever met couldn't have been the same...so the consistent factor? Me! crap. So I dove in went to therapy fought hard trashed and rebuilt the relationship and pushed through...and so did he. About 6 months ago i just couldn't manage so I went on cipralex and it saved me...in the beggining. I could breath and relax and no more screaming mental dialogue. It was clear I suffered from anxiety which triggered depression so treatment can initially be very successful and it was. But now I'm beginning the weaning off process. I miss myself. I miss all the things that made me feel whole. My passion my drive my ambition and SEX! Come on!!!!
I'm very thankful I found this site and I'm thankful for the help the meds provided. Now I'm prepared to lean on others and learn to love and cope without the avoidance and fear that brought me here. Sounds easy.....
Take care everyone and believe in yourselves, your abilities and your intuitions. The most brilliant creative minds for centuries have been crazy like us! smile and be happy.:D

diane07
24-01-10, 20:07
Hi pants

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Andyroo
25-01-10, 04:05
Hello there

Welcome to NMP! theres lots of helpful information here.

Its really good to have you with us!

You will have lots of love and support here!! welcome. :hugs:

Veronica H
25-01-10, 08:21
:welcome:Pants. You will find understanding and support here.

Veronica