PDA

View Full Version : Mother/daughter probs cos of Handwashing

rabbit25
24-12-05, 11:32
For a lot of years now, I have been very Hygienic and washing my hands probably far too much.

I feel like screaming sometimes when my mum doesn't wash her hands, when she should. Today for example she picked up crumbs from carpet with her hands and didn't wash her hands afterwards. I WOULD'VE DONE! Who is right and who is wrong? My mum or me?

Piglet
24-12-05, 11:39
I don't think anyone is necessarily right or wrong here rabbit.

I am not sure I would have washed my hands after that particular incident. I think if I thought about it too much I could easily get carried away with the whole cleanliness thing. As it is I will just stick to checking the back door is locked a millions times before bedtime.instead!!!

Merry Christmas

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

Meg
24-12-05, 13:40
I wouldn't have washed my hands for that but if I don't have a lip salve by my bed at night - whoa - thats a seriously big problem.

About the washing thing - OCD apart. Its is now health proven that too hygenic a household adds to kids allergies later in life. A bit of common dust and fluff is good for us all, gets the immune system working early on.

Its what presses that safety button for each andf every one of us and not letting any of our routines grow and get out of all proportion

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Karen
24-12-05, 13:56
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">but if I don't have a lip salve by my bed at night - whoa - thats a seriously big problem.
<div align="right">Originally posted by Meg - 24 December 2005 : 13:40:46</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
I am like that too!! Thought it was only me. I have to have a lip salve with me at all times or it's a problem.

Rabbit - I wouldn't have washed my hands after picking up crumbs from the carpet either but we each have our own foibles. It only becomes an issue if there is a lot of associated anxiety and it's having a major impact of someone's daily life.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

kate
24-12-05, 14:39
I'm the same with the lip salve too [:I]

I have a mini vaseline tub in the bathroom, lipsalve in the kitchen, lipsalve in my handbag, I can't go more than half an hour without puckering up :D

Kate

nomorepanic
24-12-05, 14:50
I have it too. One in the office, one in the lounge, one in the bedroom and one in my bag!

Perhaps we are all addicted to lip salve lol!!

Nicola

Meg
24-12-05, 14:54
Got to be mint though

Karen
24-12-05, 16:35
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Perhaps we are all addicted to lip salve lol!!
<div align="right">Originally posted by nomorepanic - 24 December 2005 : 14:50:11</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
Certainly sounds like it lol!

Has to be original! :D Don't like the 'flavoured' ones!

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

kate
24-12-05, 16:59
I'm with you, Karen! Unflavoured ones only!

Kate