PDA

View Full Version : how quick can citalopram work?

poppyfields
24-01-10, 21:05
Hi there

I have been on citalpram for 3 days now, i was nervous to take the full 10mg as a few weeks ago i took one and felt so anxious all day it put me off taking them....anyhow i decided 3 days ago to take half a tablet 5mg.

I was wondering how quick this could get into my system as remarkably i feel much better today,i feel kind of wide awake and full of energy...is this right to feel like this as before i felt tired and lightheaded, very anxious yet today i feel much better.

anyone else felt like this after such a short time of taking these meds?

thanks
:)

paulcooper02
24-01-10, 21:29
Hi Poppy I have been on Cit for 6 weeks now and only just started to see some kind of improvement, although I still have my good and bad days. For the 1st 2 weeks I thought I was in hell and I felt worse, but after seeing my GP and shrink I was advised this is normal. I started off on 20mg and then 3 weeks later I was upped to 30mg. I don't know whether the cit has started helping you after such a short time, but I do know it normally takes a few weeks to help you more. Good look with your recovery x

Jem21
24-01-10, 22:59
Hi Poppy it started to work for me after about 9 days and by 2 weeks i started feeling pretty much back to normal, but from what i can gather it takes different people a different amount of time and you have to find the dose that suits you. I went straight onto 20mg and the first week was hell but i stuck with it and it worked wonders. I've been on them nearly 4 weeks now and my doc is putting me down to 10mg already to see how i go as they have worked so well. Stick with it, they seem to make you a bit worse before better but when the better comes its fantastic. good luck. x

MissG
25-01-10, 00:25
Hey Poppy, I think it depends on the person taking it. Mine seemed to work after the first few weeks but then I started feeling worse so they increased my dose to 30mg. Feel much better now.
I'm sure it will start working for you soon. :)