PDA

View Full Version : trickywickypammy

trickywickypammy
24-01-10, 22:36
hi am anxiety sufferer .am ok for weeks then get weird head an heavy lead like stomach with dithery and spaced out feelings .hard to describe really ! often get very bad doom and despair feelings when like this .is this normal with this problem .greatful 4 help please x:D

Maj
24-01-10, 22:57
Hi trickwickypammy,

I too have these feelings sometimes.. They don't happen very often now. Many years ago I was just awful. I think it's probably when you've been stressed and it catches up with you. The spaced out feeling and heavy head is a classic anxiety symptom. The feeling of doom and despair often follows. I think it's because you are disappointed that you feel like this again. I think it's when you are a bit low you get these feelings. You do sound as though you are dealing with anxiety very well most of the time. When you are an anxious person I don't think you ever really stop being like that. You can learn to live with it weeks, months and years. But in times of stress it always rears it's ugly head. The secret is to accept these feelings. You know you will always get over them, even although they hold you in their grip at the time!! You need to try and accept them for what they are, a setback because you've been under some strain. Not being afraid makes setbacks lose their power.
Myra:hugs: