PDA

View Full Version : Friend did NOT know I have HA, and set me off =( Brain Tumor??

NyGirl
25-01-10, 04:34
I get headaches all the time. While I think I have had only a handful of migraines in my life a get alot of less painful heacahes. A friend commented and said "I have never heard of someone getting as much headaches as u, u should really get that checked out cause my aunt was experiencing the same thing and it turned out she had a brain tumor" NOWWW of course im googling it, convincing myself I indeed have a tumor and my heachaces are not normal. When i told another friend, he said drink more water (i have to admit some days i drink nothingggg, bad i know) and see if it helps, if not go to a doc. NOW, I grind my teeth vey bad at night could that be it too??? My heachaches are normally behind my eyes or temples or forehead....I already wear contacts...Im just freakin out and not able to sleep bc of it...Any reassurance would be helpful. What do u guys think??? I want to see a doctor but have no insurance for a CT scan or MRI =( what do u think???? im really sad and havent had aniexty for a while now this has just set me off totally and i need some reassurance. Love u guys.

divaneko13
25-01-10, 04:49
i totally get headaches all the time they even last for days sometimes and it use to send me into a panic too! I've had like 3 MRIs and they all came out fine the dr. told me it's just migraines and sometimes sinus headaches in the same place as yours, right behind the eyes. It's most likely the same for you! And dehydration makes it worse. You should give it some time, but if you really feel terrible get it checked out because the anxiety isn't helping either!

Feel better!

Andyroo
25-01-10, 09:40
Hey there :)

Im sorry your feeling down, there have been days where i havent drank enough water (only soft drinks:scared15:)and realyl gave me a head ache!

I know if there was anything really wrong with your brain you would have a lot more symthoms then what your having now.

Im sure your fine but if it is really bothering you maybe visiting your gp will put your mind at rest :noangel:

meg86
25-01-10, 09:55
Hello :)

Friends like that are helpful arnt they!! i had pins and needles in my arms and chest pains and one of my friends told me that sounds serious mate you could have a heart condition, and she knew i had anxiety.

I have had the exact headaches you are describing for around 3 months due to anxiety, its awful because i felt like my eyes where going to pop out it hurt that bad, i also wear contact lenses.

These are usually tension headaches, anxiety causes us alot of stress and thats why these lovely physical symptoms occur, if you are really worried it wont hurt to go to the doctor for reassurance, but the symptoms you are experiencing are very common with anxiety :hugs:

Take Care xxx

NyGirl
25-01-10, 14:41
Thanks everyone....Im going to see if drinking alot more water helps out. A doctor right now is out of the question, I have no medical insurance to go =( Thanks for the responses

Maj
25-01-10, 14:47
What a silly thoughtless thing for your friend to say!! Some people are just prone to headaches. Just like some people are prone to backache, tummy aches, etc. The teeth grinding could be the culprit. I'm sure it's absolutely nothing to worry about.
Myra:hugs:

LADennis
25-01-10, 15:12
I have found that anxiety really sets headaches off. Sometimes I don't even think I am anxious but inside I really am and it manifests itself as a headache. Don't worry about it, if you had a brain tumor you would definitely be able to differentiate between your regular type headache and something unusual. Try to just relax, I know, easier said than done. But try :)

NyGirl
25-01-10, 18:42
thanks so much guys. love u all so much! :hugs:

rozie
26-01-10, 00:44
Never underestimate the stress you can cause to your jaws, neck and head by grinding your teeth at night. A cranial osteopath once told me that he sees so many people with severe headaches caused by this.

Waaaaaay more common than brain tumors!

Wishing you well

Rozie:)

Typer
26-01-10, 02:54
A lady I know has suffered sever headaches all of her life and she's 92...she spent 50 years thinking she had a brain tumour and now she wished she hadn't worried.

Since I have had these awful heart palps...it seems everyone wants to talk about heart problems and heart attacks