PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help and advice

mafft1983
25-01-10, 11:43
Hi,
I am new to this site and wanted to introduce myself and tell you a bit about my life and my anxiety, I have not yet been officially diagnosed but have visited the doctor many times.

I'm 26 years old now and upto the age of about 18 i had a pretty normal life, felt good and enjoyed my social life. I took a holiday to spain with friends when i was 18 and it was the worst time of my life, i remember the first day there i felt so much panic and wanted to go home and couldn't understand what was happening to me i was so scared.
I stuck with it and got through the holiday but found myself in the hotel room alone everynight instead of going out.
I figured once i got home i would be ok but it carried on at home, i gave it time and it seemed to settle down, i found comfort in certain things such as a tv show or games console which seemed to take my mind off and settle me down but i wasn't going out much.
Over the next few years it seemed to come and go and for months at a time i could go out and felt great then it would just start all over again and i felt so scared i just stayed in my room and didn't go out at all.
As the years progressed i tried to live a normal life but found so many days a struggle and always avoided situations where i knew i would feel anxious and it was ruining my life. Again coming and going for weeks or months at a time.
At the age of 23 i split with my partner and moved in with my parents bringing my daughter with me, this was a difficult time for me and i felt very ill during the first few months but settled down after time.
Now at the age of 26 im at my worst and for no reason at all, my symptoms are severe now and its affecting my life alot.
I am in a happy relationship, live in a steady happy home and have support yet everyday i feel poorly and anxious and i need help :(

The symptoms i have on a daily basis at the moment are:
Sickly feeling in my stomach
Wind
Shaking
Tiredness
Dizzyness
and generly just feeling poorly and low

I find even just talking to my family hard and feel like im panicing and want to get away and shut myself in my room, i hate going out even just to the shop.

Sorry for the long story but i wanted to get as much info as possible, I'm scared and would really appreciate any help

Thanks guys

Matt

diane07
25-01-10, 11:45
Hi mafft1983

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Andyroo
26-01-10, 00:02
Hello there

Welcome to NMP! theres lots of helpful information here.

Its really good to have you with us!

You will have lots of love and support here!! welcome. :hugs:

rozie
26-01-10, 00:25
Just to say a quick hello and welcome.

There are lots and lots of people on here who will empathise with your story and I hope you'll soon come to see that you are far from alone. Somtimes when we have these problems we can feel so isolated.

You'll also find lots of information on all aspects of anxiety related problems and as you read the articles you may well feel reassured that what you are going through is not that unusual. Not to make little of your suffering, but just to let you know there are many people here who will be willing to listen and share .
I hope you'll find that a comfort.

Wishing you well:)

Rozie