PDA

View Full Version : Why is this still happening?

zowiebowie
25-01-10, 18:36
Hi everyone, I have been on Mirtazipine for 7 weeks now. I had a period of not having any pa's, but as of last Friday night, I am struggling with pa's each evening. My worst time is definately in the evening. But I thought the whole point of taking meds is to stop this happening. I can't bear the thought of this being my life, I don't feel as thought I am living, I feel like I am acting out a life, waiting for the day I feel better; I want to be better more than anything. I want my life back and don't know what else I can do to get better.

Redrainbow
25-01-10, 18:43
Yes i'm much the same and also on Mirtzapine 30mg, infact i have just wrote a similar post to yours. I'm starting to wonder if there is any point taking my meds! Because i'm still having the same thoughts., tonights fairly bad again for me.
I'm in Lincoln too, you answered one of my threads a week or two back.
Regards Redrainbow.

Brunette
26-01-10, 11:01
Meds can only help you through the very worst while you deal with the causes of your anxiety.

Panic attacks are the body's natural flight or fight response, only it is responding to an imagined threat instead of a real one. That can't be "cured" it can only be "reset" to a more normal level through patience and acceptance.

Have a read of Claire Weekes for a better/fuller explanation.

B