PDA

View Full Version : trusting doctors?

mike_coventry_uk
25-01-10, 20:37
i have been to see my gp today due to dizziness which i mentioned in previous posts.

the outcome. well he checked blood pressure(high due to stress of appointment) pulse,ears, eyes for pressure behind them. also checked balance with eyes closed. reflexes in my feet and legs. face sensations upon touch, jaw movement and obviously asked numerous questions regarding other symptoms all of which i dont have i.e headaches,confusion,ear ache etc.

i feel alot better in myself but kind of expected him to send me for a blood tes or a mri scan. the gp i saw is one of the best at my surgery- tht good he was even teaching a medical student for the day. so in theory i was checked by 2 people.

chould i still be worried?

SmartyPants
25-01-10, 20:54
What did he say was wrong, anxiety?

shoegal
25-01-10, 20:56
I would trust your Doctor. It sounds like he checked you pretty thoroughly. They don't send you away for tests unless they have a reason to. Your symptoms obviously did not concern your Doctor which is why he doesn't think you need more tests.

Hope that puts your mind at rest. :flowers:

Love and hugs from shoegal xxx

mike_coventry_uk
25-01-10, 21:08
well thexiety is longstanding my docs notes are plastererd with anxiety notes!

he said it is possibly labyrinthitis which i was diagnosed as having in dec.

in my own mind i think it is anxiety as when i am busy at work i dont feel it as much.