PDA

View Full Version : Pressure Feeling Under Right Rib

SH2727
25-01-10, 21:15
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

I have suffered from Acid Reflux for about 18 months now and I take regular medication. For the past week or so I have had a feeling as if something is trapped under my right rib. It feels like what ever is under there is swollen and pushing out onto my rib. It isn't pain or anything, just uncomfortable.

I am also going to the toilet a great deal more than normal. I am going to the doctors tomorrow (again! I practically live there!), but wondered if anyone knew what this could be.

Doctor Google says Gall bladder problems.

Many thanks.

Maj
25-01-10, 21:20
You could always speak to your doctor who can arrange an ultrasound to check your gallbladder out. Which is painless. And even if it is gallstones it doesn't mean you need an op - just probably you need to change your diet. Or it could still be related to your acid reflux which causes many aches and pains. I suffer from it too.
Myra:hugs:

SH2727
25-01-10, 21:54
Thanks Myra, of course in my mind I have the big C, it is my health anxiety unfortunately.

Horse
25-01-10, 23:18
Ive had this for sometime.........18 months to be exact. I actually had my gallbladder removed by keyhole surgery........don't worry, no big deal, and I'm a wimp.........back in May 2008. But the Gallbladder pain can be more central rather than under right ribs, but it can radiate there as well. Anyway, needless to say, I still get the pain under the right ribs and also where the Gallbladder used to be. Plus I also get so much gas, which is probably what most of the pain is. I've had an ultrasound scan and also a CT scan and nothing showed up. My own diagnosis is that it is a combination of possible IBS, wind and also our biggest enemy ANXIETY. Plus of course, acid. You will find there are a few posts on here with sufferers of the pain under right ribs. Your right, it's not a stabbing pain but it is very uncomfortable and dibilitating. Sometimes it feels as though my ribs are cracked. try getting some Charcoal tablets from the chemist, they are remarkable for wind and acid with no side effects unlike prescribed drugs.

lrforge
25-01-10, 23:32
I am so having this problem right now. Is it like it comes and goes whenever? Have you noticed it more when you need to have a BM or anything? Mine started after I had my son 2 yrs ago -just more of a discomfort and annoyance than anything. Now it is getting more noticiable and kind of sharp.I haven't been testing for anything, other than a CBC which was normal this summer. Please let me know what you find out. It is driving me nuts. I just need to TRY remember I have had this for 2 years now, if it was the big C - something would have turned up by now.

uneasy
26-01-10, 10:04
I've had a similar discomfort for about a year now...although mine sometimes radiates to my back. It comes and go's...and isn't really effected by food.

LADennis
26-01-10, 12:23
I had this same exact thing and also suffer from acid reflux. Mine turned out to be gas! I feel certain you are experiencing the same thing. My doc says that gas can get trapped in and around the ribs fairly easily.