PDA

View Full Version : Cherish the good days

Kazkirk
25-01-10, 22:23
I have suffered from panic disorder and GAD on off for the past 10 years and the past 8 months have been the hardest with the development of a deep depression. I am on various meds, have a supportive GP and am having talking therapy that's seems to be going no where but I'm sticking with it.
But today I had an appointment with a psychiatrist and was really scared, panicy and worried that I might not becoming home tonight??
All I can say is I left feeling like I could finally see a light at the end of the tunnel - he spoke to me with care, he listened
and he was the first person I have ever met who really really understood just how disabling having or fearing panic attacks really are. I have a good night with my family and spent
Longer out of my bedroom than I have in months - So I cherish today and even though tomorrow may not be as good I have hope that I can have good days and somewhere in there is still the real me!! Love and peace and hugs and hope to all xxx

Balinese
26-01-10, 13:18
What a wonderful post :)

Veronica H
26-01-10, 13:33
So pleased about this breakthrough Karen.:bighug1:I am lucky to have a good GP and it makes such a difference. this will get better.

Veronicax

ridingthewaves
26-01-10, 19:53
Great post Kaskirk :) you're right to cherish those moments..moments add up :) best wishes to to you
jan

Dalek1168
28-01-10, 21:00
I am really pleased for you Kaz

It's really great when you finally get someone who understands just what you are going through..

This is exactly what this forum is like for me!

wishing you all the best!

Maj
28-01-10, 21:05
That is very encouraging news. I am happy for you. See, you just don't know what's round the corner!! Just when you think things can't get better....! I wish you well. Sounds like you are on the right road:yesyes:
Myra:hugs:

smudger
28-01-10, 22:26
This is my last post to read tonight and it is lovely to read so thank you and good night you lovely people.xx