PDA

View Full Version : I think my doctor has had enough of me....:-(

ScaredCaz
25-01-10, 22:25
Hi Guys

Had a bad weekend and a bad day feel the need for some reassurance but i think my doctor os fed up with me

Because i live on a estate my doctors surgery is a big medical centre with probably a dozen doctors in it i have just about seen them all over the last 14 months i am really comfortable with a nice lady one but i think she is getting fed up with me and i dare not go back which is making my anx worse

last time i went she sent me for the breath test for h polyi i had to go back last monday for the results but they were not back yet she sed if i have it she will call me to fetch a prescription well i still havent heard anything so i am guessing i don,t have it

she put me on a repeat prescription for lanzoprozole because i do feel better on i also take colofac for ibs but some days it just does not work whats tht about?

my shoulders ache my hands feel still my chest muscles ache and i find it hard to believe this is all anx i have a heat pad on my back right now my hands feel stiff and almost swollen and i,m scared

I lost my mam nov 08 she had a heart attack suddenly it was just a normal day she was 62 i have felt this way since for weeks before she doed she was telling me her shoulders ached she just thought she was getting old i,m sorry for the long post guys i can,t cope

:weep:

scorpionwhispers
25-01-10, 22:53
Her shoulders may well have ached, but it doesn't necessarily mean it was a precursor to her heartattack.

Your shoulders probably ache because they are hunched up all the time or your posture is bad, same for your chest muscles! Your hands may be stiff because you are cold, have been typing for too long or any number of reasons.

Don't let panic and health anxiety beat you, you are stronger than you think. x

hoppipolla
26-01-10, 05:45
This is something I can actually say a bit about, because I've been looking into this a LOT recently as I've been scared about my own heart (I'm only 24, but anxiety can make you worry about unusual things ._.)

Basically, in aaaall my research, I can say the following stuff! Firstly, anxiety doesn't really cause heart problems. It puts a bit of strain on the heart, but probably no more than physical exercise. It does cause some small issues, but aside from people with underlying medical conditions, 95% of the twinges and pains in people with anxiety are going to be all in the mind :)

However, if you are worried and want to put your mind at ease (like I did) you can always do the same things I am doing :) I am just having a heart check-up (blood pressure, heartbeat and blood test) to make sure I am a-ok! I am also taking Propranolol and Omega 3, just to offset any small bad effects anxiety may be having and because it's good for me anyway!

And yeah that's unfortunate about the doctor's - I have the same thing because I keep bugging them about little things and have another one I want to bring up next time too, so I hope they don't mind ._.

If it makes you feel better though, if you haven't had them already of course heart check-ups are considered totally reasonable and many people just have them periodically anyway.

Sorry about the long post, but it's been on my mind a lot too!

Hoppi :)