PDA

View Full Version : Flickering vision in the snow

lrforge
26-01-10, 02:19
I am curious if anyone else got this. I am sure this is a reflection type thing, but...worry worry. We were going to daycare to pick up our son after work. We have gotten snow and it was blowing, etc.today. So we are on the road to pick him up and it was absolute white. Couldn't see the road or anything. Looking ahead, I could see a shadowed spot straight ahead, just above where I am looking that was flickering. If I try look directly at it-it would just got higher up. If I put my sunglasses on, it stops it...This has happened a couple other times, but I am curious....

looking4answers
28-01-10, 00:17
DONT GO OUT IN THE SNOW AND SUNLIGHT WITHOUT SUNGLASSES.. I do this occasionally and suffer worse or the same fate.. Its snow blindness.. It happens to everyone.Its not permanent and it will subside but don't do it again. They found sunglasses made from reindeer bone that the Eskimos wore with little slits to protect their eyes thousands of years ago.. So even they knew better.. I have this when I forget to put on sunglasses when out in the snow on a sunny day .Take care and beware ,it will burn your cornea.. but the fact that you wrote this makes me know you are ok for now..

lrforge
28-01-10, 01:26
Thanks for the reply! I did talk to my eye dr and he said that it was normal. What a relief!