PDA

View Full Version : Hypersensitivity?

e_ramon
26-01-10, 03:30
About an hour ago I was here in bed not really feeling anxious, when I had a sudden very uncomfortable sensation in my chest, as soon as it happened I leapt upright and felt the onset of anxiety come crashing down on me... all it took was one little thing, and now I can't stop fearing it'll happen again. It wasn't even a painful feeling really but my body reacted immediately without any conscious decision... my question is, once you've experienced a bad panic attack or panic attacks, can your body fall into a pattern of such hyper-defensive behaviour?

So far I haven't had the same thing come back, but still the anxiety lingers...

-Edward

Brunette
26-01-10, 11:28
In short, yes.

e_ramon
26-01-10, 11:53
Thanks Brunette, it seems to be a cycle I can't get out of... sometimes the slightest twinge or unusual sensation can set my mind racing :/ Just been to have an ECG and a blood test, so nothing to do about it but wait patiently for now.
-Edward

BigDaz
30-01-10, 12:34
Yeah I think you get used to it, it just comes with time and experience.

Carys
30-01-10, 13:06
It wasn't even a painful feeling really but my body reacted immediately without any conscious decision... my question is, once you've experienced a bad panic attack or panic attacks, can your body fall into a pattern of such hyper-defensive behaviour?

OHhhhhh YES , big time yes ! You can indeed get into such a sensitised state, so that every little minor twinge can set of a full blown panic attack.