PDA

View Full Version : I'm worried I have thoart cancer or something like it!

Tinker28
26-01-10, 04:13
Hi, everyone,

Yet again I am scared and think I have an illiness, I was doing so good for about a week, but now. k my symptoms are:

hoarness in throat
lose my voice when I talk in the middle of talking for a second
always been clearing my throat
and a really new one is I coughed just resently and i could taste blood in my throat so i went to spit in the sink and there was a slight bit of pink, i think! I'm freaking out here, so scared!!!
I get rashes on my neck that come and go a lot.
I feel my throat closing up on me a lot to.

I know I should see a Doctor but i need answers now, i can't go on the chat line cause i need a special thing for it now, so yeah. I know im still young 29, female, I am very scared after seeing what tasted and appeared to be blood in my throat, also I live in a very dry climate, so that may be part of it, i don't know.

If anyone has anything they could tell me that would be great and the faster the better as I am really freaked out right now! Thanks so much!

Tinker28
26-01-10, 04:46
Oh another thing i forgot to mention i take a vitamin that i cut in half and so it has sharp edges i wonder if that has something to do with it.

LADennis
26-01-10, 12:27
I totally get where you are coming from. I just went to the ENT yesterday to confirm I did not have any kind of throat cancer...guess what? I didn't! Throat closing feeling is more than likely your anxiety, the pink is probably from your sinuses, and all of the other symptoms also sound sinus related. Our anxiety plagued minds always lead us to believe we have ALL the symptoms of a specific disease or cancer. Make an appt to see your doctor and I'm sure he or she will ease your mind.

Andyroo
26-01-10, 13:03
Hello there

I get a sore and tight throat all the time i just thought it was anxiety.

Im sorry this is worrying you but im sure your fine :)

If it was anything like cancer you would have a lot more serious symthoms then what you have now

try not to think about it to much.. its all good :hugs:

Tinker28
28-01-10, 02:17
Thank you, I so needed that! I sometimes think I hurt my vocal cords while singing in my car, I tend to crank my music up high and sing louder, but not to sure if that was it but I'm going to think that instead of other bad thoughts!

LADennis
28-01-10, 03:28
Yep, that's what you need to do. Remain positive. I have been really trying to put into practice every time I have a negative thought immediately follow it up with a positive. It's very hard for people with health anxiety but I'm going to keep trying, it really helps.

Tinker28
06-02-10, 02:46
Thank you LADennis I will so try that! :)