PDA

View Full Version : Nipple dischargep

EmmaJane
26-01-10, 08:59
Morning all. I am really scared at the moment. I have 5 children, youngest being 6. A couple of years ago I had a prolactin test due to nipple discharge. All came back fine. I have regular breast check ups. Once the prolactin came back fine, I haven't really bothered about the discharge and checking etc since. Yesterday I was washing up and thought I leaked spontaniously. This made me squeeze and I got discharge again. It's from both sides an from many ducts. White. I'm now panicking. I'm worried about the tumour or breast cancer. Please answer

serendipity
26-01-10, 09:16
I am on clomipramine and was previously on citalopram and a side effect is lactation. I have experienced this since starting. I was taken off citalopram due to this and the clamipromine has done the same. I have even gone up two sizes in my bust. I am afraid i'll be taken off meds again as I have had same side effect, my doctor was reluctant to give me anything else in first place but my anxiety was bad.

What are you on?

Seren

EmmaJane
26-01-10, 09:46
Hi Im on Cipralex, have been for around 3 months and amytriptline. Thank you for the reply

BabyRachel
26-01-10, 22:49
I suggest you go to the doctor and ask them about this - JUST go you can get some answers and peace of mind. xx

BubbleBonce
31-01-10, 01:19
I still get this and my 'baby' is 18 years old. I also had a prolactin test which came back normal. I swear my milk never dried up properly after I stopped breast feeding.
Well it's never don eme any harm and I know of another girlfriend who has the same, so think it just one of thise things. Hope the GP manages to put your mind at rest.

:)