PDA

View Full Version : Need a New Direction in my Life

Mandylou
26-01-10, 12:04
Hi everyone - I need some advice as feeling very down about everything at the moment. Basically I've been in the same job now for almost 6 years and haven't progressed as I would have liked. Problem is I'm not sure what I want to do. I suffer with depression and anxiety which is brought on by problems that are out of my control. Coming to work every day and doing the same mundane office job is driving me further into depression. What can I do? I've tried all these career advice websites but nothing helps. To retrain for anything I have to pay loads of money and give up time I don't have. Unless I do something different soon I will just disappear into nothingness (is that a word?). I wish I knew what it was I wanted to do and how to go about getting what I want. I just can't give up the current job without security as I have so much depending on it. Feeling really down about this - don't look forward to going to work yet dream i'm at work every night. HELP. . .:lac:

looking4answers
27-01-10, 23:59
Sounds like you are really stuck in a rut...I wish I could give you advice..I can't because I can't feel responsible. I had the same problem.I was stuck in a rut..I was married 23 years, my kids and I had issues all the time, my wife didn't love me but stayed together because of the kids although they were grown. I hated my job and I hated my life. I had started eating way to much and was about 50 pounds overweight and was starting to develop diabetes.

I went to the doctor he put me on a wonderful diet. I lost weight and got control of my life. I quit my job and moved 3000 miles across country to a place I had never been and found a life there doing something I loved to do and thrived ..I found myself and lost my fears and lost my depression and traveled and just didn't worry about anything., Everything worked out. Years later I moved back across the country and met a wonderful woman got married again and had a new family and things have been very good in those years. We had to move where we are now about four years ago if you notice I signed on here for the first time since I hate the place we now live but its not my wife's fault it was just one of those things and I have been anxious since we lived here but we are trying to get away now after four years and realized sometimes a place can cause you to feel the way you do..its just not you. Hope you feel better.. take care. Michael