PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else have ms symptoms?

carli
26-01-10, 20:24
Hi all....really am sorry to keep posting doom and gloom all the time but i have no one else that understands. I keep getting numbness sensation in my face mainly around my eyes, i get numbness sensation in my left arm and leg not the whole arm and leg just the edges? Although its not numb to touch? My little finger does have less sensation at time but always has i think. I get hot spots on my body where it feels like and intense heat is coming from that one spot, i also get burning sensations on my skin, tingling on arms face, legs and hands and feet and a prickly feeling on my skin in various parts of my body? And i have a crawling sensation on my face that comes and goes? What can this be because its making me even more anxious then i have ever been. I have not read anywhere on here where others have these problems and im sure it ms? Also lately i get a whoshing feeling where it feels like im im falling or the room is moving for a few momentss? Any ideas would be a great help. xx

lisa12
26-01-10, 20:31
HI carli i have all the above symptoms to. And been assured by my doctor it is anxiety...when i complained of the numbness she got a piece ov cotton wool out and just touched my face very gentley to see if i could feel it and i could so she said that shows her its nothing to worry about
hope you well soon x

carli
26-01-10, 20:33
Thanks lisa...i know i sound crazy but im so upset as ive had anxiety for 10yrs and have never had this. I also get hot sensations in my elbow? Pains in wrists? Ive never had any of these before. x

kez88
26-01-10, 21:07
Hi I have all of the above symptoms aswell and it really scares the life outta me, but i have been reassured its just anxiety. I think it affects everyone in different ways. I have someone in my family who has MS so i think i make myself even worse by just imaging i have the symptoms.

Redrainbow
26-01-10, 21:11
Hi Carli,
Anxiety can really cause some side effects, well i hope you feel better soon,
From Wayne.:hugs:

carli
26-01-10, 21:32
Thanks wayne but i just cant stop thinking about it which i know makes it worse!!! Plus i have been reading in all the medical forums aswel....tut tut..i know,lol.

Dollie
26-01-10, 22:16
Hi Carli

I know just how you feel, I get all those symptoms. With the hot patches - i get them on my neck and some parts of my face but the funny thing is I drain of colour except for the hot red patches and then I get palpations.
I told it is all anxiety as is the constant dizzy spells but it does scare me loads.

I try to say it won't last long but it does not make me feel better.

I hope your ok and keep ur chin up :)

New Member Dollie x

nomorepanic
26-01-10, 22:31
Blimey we have loads of posts about the same symptoms as you I promise.

Have a read of the symptoms website page on the left and it will explain a lot of the feelings you are getting.

j2
26-01-10, 23:08
Carli,

I get all these and more. There are so many great books and posts on this site related to these feelings. I know right now you can't think straight. I have been there far too often and will most likely be there again. Once you accept it you can get past it. Good luck

carli
27-01-10, 00:33
Aww thanks guys you have all been so helpful....stil scared out of my wits but knowing you all can relate to what im saying does make me feel better :hugs:

butterfly00
27-01-10, 01:23
I get the same things, totally terrrifying. I also have periods where my fingers lock up and feel useless. But I think what bugs me the most is the weird fire or ice feeling that runs across my wrists. I went to a GP and asked about MS as I have whole limbs going 'dead' and he said MS is more about the sensations so this freaky skin thing scares the crap out of me.

carli
27-01-10, 12:16
I know so scarey....i cant see this being anxiety!

cassy1989
27-01-10, 12:54
I have had every single symptom you have mentioned above and I know it is very scary! I have spent the last 3 years worrying I have ms. I'm now on citalopram for my anxiety (and also depression) and they are helping a little but there is no magic cure unfortuanately :(

I have seen different doctors and also my optician and have been told theres nothing wrong with me so I will have to learn to accept it but as every one else on here knows anxiety takes over your brain and you don't think logically. Screw doctors opinions, anxiety knows best or so it thinks!

carli
27-01-10, 12:58
Hi cassie, its terible isnt it. I cant understand how i got these parts of anxiety when i have had anxiety for the last 14yrs and never experiaced this before. xx

cassy1989
27-01-10, 13:04
It really is terrible. I don't know if it will make you feel any better but about 3 years ago I woke with a dead arm in the night where I had been laying on it and the numbness spread up to my lips and my lips and face was dead for a bit! This happened about 3 times and the doctor said it was where I had been pinching a nerve. It was so scary. Also at the same time my eye sight went funny for a few weeks and it turned out that where I had had sinusitis and I had an undiagnosed lazy eye that was what had made it go funny. It was terrifying but the doctors insist I'm perfectly healthy still.
Just though I would say because they were such severe symptoms but it still wasn't ms xx

carli
27-01-10, 13:16
You must have terrified. My numb sensation as been here on and off for the last month and its so scarey. I also getting whooshing sensastion in my head but i think thats anxiety! The area around my eyes also has a numb sensastion quite alot? I have a nero apt in march so will have to wait untill then. :(

cassy1989
27-01-10, 13:21
Yeah it was very scary!

I know the whooshing sound you mean aswell. I think that is down to anxiety definitely!

I get a numb feeling in my cheek sometimes but when I touch it it doesn't feel numb. Is that what the area around your eyes are like x

carli
27-01-10, 13:22
Yes, its not numb to touch but has the numb sensation? So weird! And its only my left side of my body and my face that it happens to? Pluc that awful crawling sensation on my face! xxx

cassy1989
27-01-10, 13:31
Yeah thats definitely anxiety from my experience because I have made a thread on here before about my numbness and every one who replied said they had it too somewhere on their body!
The tingling is anxiety too, its very common to get tingling in one part or even all over!
Anxiety is so powerful!

rozie
27-01-10, 15:06
Dear Carli.

Don't in any way take this as me making light of your problem. I genuinely only wish to offer support when I say:

'Been there, done that'..

...and came through it.

Very best

Rozie:)

carli
27-01-10, 17:18
Hi rozie and iceysmooth..rozie has youe symptoms gone now? And was they the same as mine? x

Alisonj
27-01-10, 17:38
I am not sure of the symptoms but I am due to have an MRI for very brisk reflexes for 4 years now, twitches, and other muscle symptoms. I am trying hard to not worry

carli
27-01-10, 18:13
I currently have a numbe sensation in my lover back, bum and thighs...its like a frezzing cold sensation?

looking4answers
27-01-10, 21:46
I have had many of the same all my life and the doctors have never found anything but anxiety .I hope you feel better soon. Michael

carli
28-01-10, 11:06
Thanks micheal. xx

julia
29-01-10, 22:56
hiya carli stranger where you been? well i have all of those symptoms and they have been worse with the cold weather especially the dizziness and my head and face have the tingling my hand mostly the numbness and terrible heat in my legs come back to facebook we can talk xx:hugs:

rozie
29-01-10, 23:24
Hi Carli.

I was shocked to read your post: 'Does anyone else have MS symptoms?'.. Since when has there ever been a list of symptoms that meant anyone had Multiple Schlerosis ?

Any definitive diagnosis will be made taking into consideration a number of signs and symptoms plus a number of other factors. It is the specific combination of all these factors that will lead a trained physician towards a diagnosis over a period of time.

Without this investigation, it is simply untrue that anyone can be said to have 'symptoms of MS' and it is unrealistic and irrespsonsible to suggest otherwise.

By making posts like this you can only terrifiy yourself along with any number of other nervous readers who may happen across your message.

My heart goes out to you and I really wish you well soon.

Rozie

carli
30-01-10, 18:31
Hi rosie, sorry if my post offened you but i did post it in the health forum as my anxiety at the moment has gave me the biggest fear of getting ms. It was not my intention to "terrifiy" anyone, but to seek reassurance and maybe bring some comfort to others so they and i know that we are not alone by disscussing the symptoms that we have. I have posted similer posts before and have been comforted and brought comfort to others. I thought thats what the health forum was for? Maybe its not and im wrong? If so i shall not post there in future? So if the admins read this could you inform me if i have done something wrong? Thankyou. xx

JaneC
31-01-10, 00:57
Carli, I'm not at all sure what Rozie is trying to say but I can't imagine that you have done anything wrong. Please don't let this upset you :hugs:

carli
31-01-10, 10:43
Thanks jane. xx

rebeccad
31-01-10, 14:34
hi, i am also somebody that has and sometimes still does suffer with "ms symptoms", this is a health anxiety forum and nearly every thread has symptoms of one disease or another so why should we not post anything about the worry of ms. Lots of people worry about this and if you can have a read of a post by itolduiwasill it really helped me alot,
take care xx

carli
31-01-10, 15:59
Hi rebecca, i have read posts by itoduiwasill and they have helped me. And thankyou for reply to my thread as i thought i had upset people by posting my concerns. You have made me feel better,t hankyou. xx

Carys
21-03-10, 15:00
HI Carli,

I was so RELIEVED to read your post. I was just doing a search on the type of skin sensations that you are talking about. I have had periods of anxiety in my life, going back decades, but it is only this last week that I have experienced EXACTLY what you are referring to which is why it has scared me and made me think that this can't be an anxiety symptom 'because I've never had it before and it happened so suddenly'. I can relate entirely to your symptoms about MS-type tingling, cold prickling here there and everywhere. If you fancy a further chat give me a pm and we can try and make each other feel reassured ?! :) Mind, by now your symptoms may have gone ???

sjr1969
21-03-10, 20:04
hi carli, i get all these symptoms and ms has always been a big fear of mine as my dad had it. but i keep telling myself in my ahead "this is just anxiety, this is just anxiety". my brain will get the idea soon!
hope this helps x
sarah x

carli
21-03-10, 20:12
Hiya, thanks for your messages. Its not nice is it. I have just had mri and waiting for results. I will keep you all posted. xx

Carys i have pm you hun xx