PDA

View Full Version : Terrible anxiety/panic and postnatal

Izzy*
26-01-10, 22:24
Hello everyone,

I've been suffering anxiety since I was a child. I understand that it's part of who I am. However, since having my two children my anxiety has escalated considerably. My daughter is eight years and my son is 15 months. This must be quite normal but I really struggle with it. I have a whole host of anxiety related issues:

Health anxiety (about myself and my children)
Body dismorphic disorder (Although had cosmetic surgery to correct a real problem which I was bullied over at school and in adult life)
Generalized anxiety
deep seated fear of death (of myself or loved ones)
fear of global/ mass disasters which threatnen me and loved ones
Social phobia and shy- can be worse some times more than others
OCD varoius rituals- not so bad at the moment
Panic attacks- and other psychosomatic symptoms

These are the main ones anyway...

I feel I live in constant anticipation and fear that something awful is going to happen. I feel like I'm destroying myself. Since I gave birth to my son 15 months ago I suffered severe postnatal depression along with full blown- really bad health anxiey- and PTSD (due to trauma after giving birth- I heamorraged- thought I was going to die).

Embarrissingly the doctors surgery has become my second home after having my son due to constant health anxiety. I try to rationalise it but it's very difficult as I can start to feel genuinly ill from it.

Recently my hair has been falling out from the stress, I get regular body spasms and wheezing and breathlessness. Sometimes I feel like I'm just drying up- feel so ill.

There are so many issues going on at the moment which make me feel like I'm stretched to cope. I really want to learn to cope better.

Thank you for reading, sorry it's so long!

Izzy*

nomorepanic
26-01-10, 22:26
Hi Izzy*

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Veronica H
26-01-10, 23:34
:welcome:to NMP Izzy. Glad that you have found us. This is a friendly site with great information and support.

Veronicax

Andyroo
27-01-10, 00:36
Hello there

Welcome to NMP! theres lots of helpful information here.

Its really good to have you with us!

You will have lots of love and support here!! welcome. :hugs: