PDA

View Full Version : intestinal gas ... a bit embarrassing

lotus
26-12-05, 11:01
I would like to ask, is there a link between anxiety and the amout of intestinal gas that is produced? Some time before my anxiety kicked in I noticed that I have too much gas, mostly in social situations or during classes at school. When I was on my own things were fine. It was so embarrassing, I had to ask to go to the bathroom at least once during each class. My classmates and teachers must've thought that I'm really weird. When there was no possibility of using the bathroom, the amout of gas was causing me pain and quite a lot of discomfort. I wonder now whether it could have possibly be linked to anxiety.

Meg
26-12-05, 12:46
Yes, when we're nervous , the tummy produces extra acid which in turn creates extra gas that has to be released and work its way out of the body one way or another

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Karen
26-12-05, 12:58
Hi Lotus

I have IBS which gets worse when I'm anxious and causes similar symptoms to those you describe.

Have you tried peppermint tea or peppermint oil capsules? This can sometimes help.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.