PDA

View Full Version : Funny dark patches of skin- anyone? Freaking out

LisaLisa
27-01-10, 11:00
Hi everyone

Can anyone help me with this.

I have areas of skin on insides of my elbows and at tops of my legs on inside that are darker, like a tan. Does anyone else have this its really really worrying me. Theres a kind of darker bit on my neck as well.

Its not really dark but a litle and the skin is really soft and kind of velvety as well.

Sorry to be a pain with such a stupid question

Lisa
xxxx

LisaLisa
27-01-10, 11:30
aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

anyone?

Lisa
xxxx

ZoJo
27-01-10, 11:54
Hi Lisa,

I do and my Mum does.
Its pigmentation. Mine sometimes can't be seen, but I think my hormones can either make it darker or lighter. The sun does too.
If you are at all worried go and get it checked out, but pigment is what it sounds like to me.

Hope that helps a bit!

Zoe x

Andyroo
27-01-10, 11:54
hey lisalisa

how are you? i really dont think this is anything to worry about

i dont have a dark patch in that spot but i do have a few dark patches in other spot where skin rubs together

Im sure thats all it is i dont think this is anything to worry about if you need someone to talk to feel free to pm me. :hugs:

Ps. i also have it on my neck as well

LisaLisa
27-01-10, 13:59
Thanks guys

I think that it is pigment but me being me am not calmed by that. I have now diagnosed myself with insulin resistance thanks to google and apaprently peopl with hiv get that...along with everything else that i have ......:weep:

thanks though guys

Lisa
xxxxx

Cell block H fan
27-01-10, 18:58
Hi Hun
Ummm what age are you?
99% of the population get this when they get old. Myself included. Both my wrists look like big groups of freckles all joined together. I'm 39. I cant believe it, I am 39. I was 38 a week ago LOL. Pigmentation stuff starts happening in your 20's by the way. I have these little red dots in various places on my body, especially legs & chest & when I was mid twenties I remember asking a doctor what they were, & he said we get them as we get older. Sucks! *sob*
x

Cell block H fan
27-01-10, 19:01
Thanks guys

I think that it is pigment but me being me am not calmed by that. I have now diagnosed myself with insulin resistance thanks to google and apaprently peopl with hiv get that...along with everything else that i have ......:weep:

thanks though guys

Lisa
xxxxx

Hey dont say that, I better not have HIV! Dont Google, its a right pain in the a***. I have faired a lot better over the years by banning myself from Google. I sent myself doolally reading Google & health books, I dont even buy Chat or Take a break anymore because I have every darn illness in them!
Get your doc to check it out & I bet you any money he will tell you its because you are getting older! Sorry :bighug1:

looking4answers
27-01-10, 21:38
Its not a stupid question. I have had this off and on over the years.Its something about the sun and your skin its called a skin pigmentation . I used to have a medicine for it.Some crystals the doctor prescribed for me.I really can't remember now but you melted them in water and then put the medicine on your skin. The water really would stink so I stopped using them. Over the years I have it sometimes and sometimes I don't just one of those weird things. I don't think its dangerous or I would have been dead a long time ago.. Michael