PDA

View Full Version : This is one of the hardest things I have done

Alisonj
27-01-10, 17:36
I am almost fully weaned out ativan. I have taken it since March 06, daily and nightly. I am down to a tiny sliver that is less than .5. I am also weaning off propanolol and am down to 5mg a day. This morning I woke up and could feel so much tension and anxiety inside. It is so hard to not just reach for a pill :( I think I need to get them out of the house. So I am now down to Paxil, Klonopin and trazodone which is better than all of that plus ativan and propanolol. I am just so scared I am going to have even more problems with the HA. I have been trying to focus my workouts and eating well instead, Has anyone else been in a similar situation?? Did things say ok or get worse??
I appreciate and thank you for all replies and taking the time to read this

joyce1980
27-01-10, 23:21
Congrats, you are a VERY Strong person:yesyes:

I had to wean off aropax after 8 yrs of taking it,

It's not easy, I did get grumpy and feel mood swings and the strange brain zaps.

BUT in saying that, reduce the dose VERY slowly over months and months and you will get there:flowers:

Coming off meds will make you feel anxiety x 10000, try and hold onto the fact that this is not the anxiety you will feel once you have been fully weaned off everything.

And since these meds stopped working for you ages ago, if need be you can try another, im on zoloft and nothing else and it seems to work well for me, better than aropax:winks:

Drink plenty of water, take a good multi vit and stay away from the coffee .... have a nice beer or drinky of your choice every now and then and it will be all over before you know it

GOOD LUCK, but you dont need it, I'm really impressed