PDA

View Full Version : ectopics are ruining my life!

ames6767
27-01-10, 19:18
Im really struggling today after having a very scary run of ectopics yesterday and am convinced something is going to happen to me and Im so low. I dont know which way to turn. so tired but cant sleep just awful. is it really ok to have 10 or so ectopics in a row? sorry i must be driving everyone mad. x

looking4answers
27-01-10, 21:35
You have to just try and ignore them. I have dealt with them for more than forty years. I get them now for days at the time. I mostly notice them when Im quite and not doing anything. I also find that when I get up and get busy although I still get them I don't notice them as much. Lately I have been getting them for days but only really notice them when im working on the computer or laying around. Hope you feel better soon.

countrygirl
27-01-10, 22:23
I have had ectopics for past 25 years and at their worst I can have every third beat a missed beat and this can go on for weeks on end so your run of 10 is minor - I am not dismissing your fears at all as i know just how scary they are just trying to reassure you that 10 in a row is nothing at all to worry about.
On good days I only notice them once or twice but as I say I can get terible times where I have them all day long for weeks on end.
Have you had a 24 hr ecg - I find that every 4-5 years I get in a panic and ask for another one to check nothing has changed so have had quite a few over the years.
If you have never ever had a 24 hr ecg then its worrth asking Dr for one for your peace of mind but I was told many times that ectopics are harmless just very unpleasant and in hospital if someone does'nt mention then the Drs don't tell the patient as they are harmless.

Carys
27-01-10, 22:29
Country girl, could you clarify what you mean....just a wee confused about the last sentence...

and in hospital if someone does'nt mention then the Drs don't tell the patient as they are harmless.

ames6767
28-01-10, 09:47
thank you for answering. I did have a 7 day king of hearts monitoring but havent had any results and that was before xmas!. Im trying my best to stop worrying bout these ectopics but I relax with one symptom then something worse comes along. thanks all x