PDA

View Full Version : what shall i tell my gp

anxietycontrol
27-01-10, 22:00
i went to my family gp back in august, i told him all my problems with anxiety, he was very understanding an prescribed me 30mg of mirtazaipine. it help, i only had one panic attack since then. it calmed my anxiety a little. for once i felt normal.

i went back three times after that to get some more pills but all ways saw a diferent doctor everytime, my gp was all ways busy. one doctor said mirtazapine was never going to be a long term medication.

so when i ran out after christmas i left it at that. the tablets never really stopped the anxiety and symptoms completley but stopped the panic attacks, i once had 2-3 each week so it was getting me down.

im now back at square one, my anxiety is sky high, my fear of a heart attack is high and my symptoms, chest pains, muscle twinges in arms etc still remain.

i know my doctor is there to help but im not sure what to say. surley he must think that im mad asking for more help. is it worth asking for more medication, something different and tests?:huh:

smudger
27-01-10, 22:23
Definately go back if you want help.Don't be embarrassed, just explain things exactly as you have here. It all makes sense and I bet there are many people who have similar experiences.