PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding after smear test

BlueWater
28-01-10, 00:28
Today i had my smear test done and the nurse said that it caused some bleeding but now im worried like crazy that the bleeding indicates that something is wrong ... i have to wait 3 weeks for the results now and im so worried as i didnt have any bleeding last time i had a smear test done...

The nurse said the bleeding is not unusuall after a smear test but somehow i cant stop worrying and think that its only a sign that something is wrong :weep:

I feel tempted to google it but im also scared of what it will say :weep:

Did anyone else had had bleeding after a smear and everything was fine?

Acidomoduso
28-01-10, 00:44
As a man, i can't say i've experienced that but i thought i'd pop on here to say....

DON'T GOOGLE IT! You'll regret it! :mad:

You know you'll only find the bad stuff and completely gloss over all the good bits! :)

As far as i am aware (talking to my wife about it in the past) they scrape you to take the sample. I'm pretty sure she experienced the same thing. That may cause a little bleeding. Imagine catching the lining of your nostril and suddenly you have a nosebleed... well, i would think it is the same kind of thing. Lady parts are very sensitive and have lots of blood vessels close to the (very thin) surface.

I am quietly confident that you are experiencing a completely normal reaction. You'll be totally fine! :yesyes:

BlueWater
28-01-10, 01:05
im really trying not to google it as everytime i did in the past the worsest of diagnoses possible came up and it just made me worse...

I really hope the bleeding is like u say from the scraping and that maybe a little blood vessel just got damaged ... but the horrible thoughts are just pushing themselves onto me :weep:

Acidomoduso
28-01-10, 01:25
I am assuming that it is small amounts of blood? Even if you had a LOT of blood it would only be concerning as it would probably mean they may have damaged something whilst taking the sample. As long as it is not gushing like a monty python sketch then I really wouldn't fret! :D

To be fair it sounds (to me at least) like you are more concerned about your results than the bleeding and you are just using the bleeding as a diversionary tactic to avoid worrying about the result. Again, don't let it get to you. Your results will be fine too.

Tell ya what... here... have a hug! :bighug1: It's free!

BlueWater
28-01-10, 01:30
yes, its only a small amount of blood...

hehe, thanks for the hug and i feel a little bit more relaxed now and can hopefully get some sleep :)

Acidomoduso
28-01-10, 01:31
BTW... go to bed and get some sleep. You'll feel easier about it in the morning after some rest. It's where i'm going now! I'll catch up with you tomorrow! Night. :closedeyes:zzzzz

mandie
28-01-10, 09:10
Hi

When i had my last smear test i did bleed afterwards. I had never bled before on a smear and i was worried to

However the nurse assured me it was quite normal for some women to bleed after and im please to say my smear result came back normal

love mandie x

i love tea
28-01-10, 09:16
Hi BlueWater, no - you really don't need to worry.

I've had this before. The doctor said that for me, it was because I have a slight cervical erosion, which sounds very scary but is very common - especially if you are taking birth control pills.

Take care hon x

c700
28-01-10, 09:36
i always bleed after a smear - i have to have them every year as well. The nurse says it is because i get myself all worked up about it.

Veronica H
28-01-10, 09:51
I always bleed after a smear too. It is quite common and nothing to be alarmed about...don't worry:bighug1:

Veronicax

BabyRachel
28-01-10, 09:58
You know how painful smears are, and its a very sensitive area! I am not suprised at all that some women bleed after it hun. Try not to panic and DO NOT GOOGLE. x

Cat80
28-01-10, 11:32
So me people always bleed after smear, it's nothing to worry about at all. The only thing is you may need your smear again because the cells may be to damaged to see them, quite common if there is blood so don't worry if you get a callback asking for it to be done again

BlueWater
28-01-10, 21:18
thanks all, reading ur replies gave me really some reassurance! :)

The bleeding is gone today but had some unusuall discharge which i believe (and hope) will have something to do with the bleeding... (getting anxious about it too but i try really hard to think logically)

Cat80, I was wondering why the nurse said they will let me know if i might need to have another smear done, but that explains it.
I really hope i wont need to though as its not really pleasant :blush:

Acidomoduso
28-01-10, 23:42
thanks all, reading ur replies gave me really some reassurance! :)

The bleeding is gone today but had some unusuall discharge which i believe (and hope) will have something to do with the bleeding... (getting anxious about it too but i try really hard to think logically)

Cat80, I was wondering why the nurse said they will let me know if i might need to have another smear done, but that explains it.
I really hope i wont need to though as its not really pleasant :blush:

Bingo! Yes... you can have a discharge too. Perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. You've made it through to the other side of your HA!! :yesyes: Congratulations, Blue! :)

BlueWater
30-01-10, 23:57
Bingo! Yes... you can have a discharge too. Perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. You've made it through to the other side of your HA!! :yesyes: Congratulations, Blue! :)

peach
31-01-10, 08:43
i bled for the first time last pap too..

my results came back normal...

nothing to worry about :yesyes:

loulabell
31-01-10, 08:55
Hi, i bleed a little for the first time on my last smear, the nurse said it does happen sometimes and if they coulndt get a clear reading they might have to repeat it. The results came back normal and i didnt need another.

BlueWater
04-02-10, 10:37
Just thought i would update u all that my smear test result came back normal :)

I was surprised i got the result so quick and my first thought was "maybe they mixed up something and sent me someone elses result" but all the dates on it are correct so i am really really relieved :)

Thank u all for ur positive thoughts :flowers:

Acidomoduso
04-02-10, 11:01
That's great news Blue!

You don't have to thank me... i'm sure you'd do the same for me! :D