PDA

View Full Version : convinced the doctors missed it

little_linz
28-01-10, 01:33
hi i posted last week about getting a chest infection, it still hasnt gone away although my chest isnt hurting now, i have a constant wheeze but it feels like its coming from my neck, i am utterly convinced this is lung cancer as i have googled it and have a lot of the symptoms, persistent cough, (although i have recently stopped smokin i have a smokers cough), wheezing and a ongoing chest infection, i am short of breath a lot and this is all signs, i went to my docs again today and voiced my concerns, he said i would be unlucky to have lung cancer!!!!, he got me to blow into a flow meter as i have asthma, then he checked my chest and tapped my back and stuff, he said my lungs were clear, however he has done nothing to reassure me and i am in complete and utter bits, so much so i am desperate, i feel like i have no hope. This is awful as i am 6 months pregnant, with a toddler upstairs, i should be asleep at this time but i am sat looking at cancer sites. I am so upset, why do i have to be this way, i know i am going on and on but i am at my wits end, my mother, partner and friends think i am stupid. I have just breathed in and it hurt in my lower back, fed up

Acidomoduso
28-01-10, 09:59
Well, it sounds like your doctor HAS done as much as he can to reassure you (bar from an x-ray but if he was worried he would send you). He's told you that the risk is low and you'd be unluck if you had it. He's checked your chest and back and said it sounds clear (if you had a tumour then i'm sure he wouldn't hear the air flow in a particular area). You've blown into a flow meter (suggesting that your lung capacity is fine).

What i will say is that you are 6 months pregnant and the baby will be using your resources, rendering your immune system pretty much knackered! :weep: I'd say you are run down a little and your body isn't fighting off infection as well as it should be.

You will be fine, linz. :) I'm no doctor but sometimes it's good to have someone who isn't connected to you tell you what they think. Family and friends can be so judgemental sometimes!

little_linz
28-01-10, 11:08
thank you, i know its probably ok, its just i dont let myself believe this incase im in for a let down, stupid way to think but i am sick of feeling rubbish lol x

Acidomoduso
28-01-10, 12:04
I honestly know how you feel. I wake up some days and say to myself "Wouldn't it be nice to wake up with no symptoms or worries"!

I would try and enjoy your pregnancy - you'll have a pretty cool outcome in 3 months time! :D