PDA

View Full Version : First time for years...

feege
28-01-10, 04:50
I am having a full on panic attack (I think!).

I have had tons of stress over the last couple of weeks from bereavements, to losing my job, to emotional rubbish, health problems, etc. etc.

I used to suffer from dreadful panic attacks and anxiety and have done loads of CBT and really thought I had a handle on it... but tonight none of my techniques are working and I just can't stop shaking, I have the squits, I'm a headless chicken....

I DO have really bad shingles on my hip which is a physical symptom I often get when I am stressed and it is the worst I have ever had it. Just before bed time I noticed it had really spread loads and it freaked me out and since then I have just felt horrendous.

My problem used to be health anxiety so I guess that's what's happening - I have somehow triggered that old panic button. I sound so calm but I feel so awful! I phoned the doctor and they want me to come to the emergency surgery at the hospital and I can't work out whether I should go or not. I DO feel ill so maybe there is a 'medical' reason for this but I bet not.

I always think if only I lived with someone, had someone to look after me, but what difference would that really make, they would probably just get pissed off with me!!!

So here I am after a long break, offloading. I used to know loads of people on the site but haven't seen any names I recognise.

It's a wonderful site and helped me loads, but i reckon it's a life long battle for me!

Anxious_gal
28-01-10, 06:04
hey, It's probablly all the stress! it's not a failure to be having a panic attacks.
I'm impressed that CBT helped you so much :-)
go to the surgery, being around people will make you feel better :-)