PDA

View Full Version : cold hands worried about brain tumour

c700
28-01-10, 09:00
I have quite bad health anxiety and am having quite a bad "worry month" at the minute. Since new year i have had 4 headaches havent been bad enough to take tablets though and a couple of times part of my vison in has been funny in one eye. I have been also get pain in my back in my sholders. I have also been having really cold hands and always feeling cold generally but my hands are like ice!
I am worried it could be a brain tumour.
Should i go to the doctors ???
I am struggeling to sleep and think about normal things!!!!

Carly Lou
28-01-10, 14:24
Hiya, hey your not the only one believing you have a brain tumour, i am there with you on that one, i have been told i have a virus, or inner ear infection, but i am so bloody convinced it is a brain tumour, as i am getting headaches, altho they have only been present since taking the meds i have been given to relieve the pressure in my ears xxx
do you have any other symptoms ?? you could be stressing abt the situation and causing yourself to get a headache........... thats what ive been told, i used to get headaches on my days off work and never worried at all, but now i have the anxiety i worry abt everything,

c700
28-01-10, 15:49
Had a migrine which had really bad symtoms and effected my speech could get my words out. Also keep getting tingling in my hands.
I know stress causes headaches but i keep worrying.

Carly Lou
28-01-10, 16:10
Tell me about it, i constantly worry about having a brain tumour, but i have heard that there are so many symptoms and the headaches are soooooooooooooooooooo terrible that you would be able to think, speak, incredibly dehabilitating, youd be really really really sick to, gosh why cant i listen to my own advice,
how long have you had this again ??? ive been like this for 2 weeks and it is taking over my life xx

Maj
28-01-10, 17:16
Headaches are a common symptom with anxiety. Coming from tensed up neck and shoulders. My friend had a brain tumour and didn't even have a headache so please don't think the worst. Some people are just prone to headaches.
Myra:hugs:

c700
29-01-10, 10:33
Ive been like it for a month headaches body pains etc but had health anxiety since i was 11 im 31 now! Spent all of last night crying my husband was soooo angry with me as he said it is taking over my life.

Maj
29-01-10, 10:41
You are obviously feeling really anxious at the moment. But what you have to realise is that it's almost never the worst possible scenario that we fear it is!! When you are down you get stuck in a spiral of despair about a particular symptom. It actually sounds like it could be a migraine to me if it effects your vision. I get these and get partial sight, zig zag lines, etc. It can be frightening, but harmless. Your cold hands could just be because you are anxious. Have you spoken to your doctor about your symptoms? Try not to despair. You will get through this. Go to your doctor and explain the symptoms and in the meantime keep yourself busy and try and distract yourself. Every time you think of the brain tumour thing just say to yourself "vivid imagination again!" and laugh at yourself. Because with our imaginations we could write a flippin book and it would be a best seller!!
Myra x:hugs: