PDA

View Full Version : Doctor note on my prescription today has me terrified :(

Starscream
28-01-10, 10:09
Seems like I am posting here al the time now but I don't know who else to speak to.

I was picking up my Asthma medication("Diagnosed with it in the summer) and there is writing at the back from my GP saying "Please make an appointment if you need to use your inhaler more to check for Asthma).

The other doctor at the office said my tight chest, wheezing and coughing sounded like Asthma, got me to blow into one of those Peak Flow things, I only got halfway, and he said I should use an inhaler.

And now this about 7 months later ?? What else could he think I have if it's not Asthma ?

I've been in a serious state and can't even get the energy to phone and make an appointment just now :weep:

Emira7
28-01-10, 10:22
Hey there

firstly don't panic, I am a Practice Manager of a GP Surgery, so hopefully can help you unscramble some of this.

My son has an inhaler, he has odd moments of wheeziness but they are not sure whether its Asthma or not. Rest assured if your GP thought it was anything 'sinister' you would be having more checks. Sometimes the breathing issues can be due to allergens.

Automatic notes come up like this on patient records, its all done via a variety of codes that GPs add in when diagnosing and prescribing certain medications....For instance, sometimes we can't re issue a medication due to a check up being overdue, the system will autmoatically flag this up.

What I would advise you to do is have a check with your practice nurse/gp and see how your peak flow is etc..

Mainly though, please don't worry

xxx:hugs:

Starscream
28-01-10, 16:18
Thanks a lot.

This has calmed me down slightly.

mikhail1028
28-01-10, 20:42
i also have asthma its normal to wheez and cough (Not to mention im a smoker) im also into steroidal inhalers such as ADVAIR