PDA

View Full Version : changing meds

zowiebowie
28-01-10, 10:37
After being on Mirtazipine for 7-8 weeks, my doc is taking me off and putting me onto Venlafaxine. I though for a while things were improving but then WHAM, out of nowhere, another attack! It has been 6 days since my meltdown and now desperatelt hope I get some benefit from this new med. Even if I can get to a point where I feel strong enough to help myself, things can only get better.

BexieB
28-01-10, 11:10
Hi Zowie

Sorry things haven't worked out well for you on the mirt. I'm very up and down on my med too (seroxat, 3 months) and my doc suggested changing to venlaf too, but the thought of the start up SAs makes me very reluctant. I'm really hoping i stabilise on the seroxat before i see him next.

good luck with the new med...have you started it yet?

Love and Hugs
Bexie

zowiebowie
28-01-10, 12:30
No, I start it tonight, so fingers crossed for me! Hope yours works itself out too x

Carys
28-01-10, 13:59
Hiyer ZowieBowie, I wish you the best of luck with your new medication. Vanlafaxine really helped me hugely ! Hoping it does the same for you.

zowiebowie
28-01-10, 14:29
Thank you Carys, that is exactly what I need to hear. I have tried Citalpram and Fluoxotine, both of which gave me insomnia and now have been taking Mirt for 7-8 weeks and still feel in a dark scary place. I pray this will be the drug for me. Many thanks again x

Carys
28-01-10, 14:33
You are welcome. The medics tried me with a number of different anti-d's, which supposedly had a positive effect on anxiety about 10-12 years ago. Venlafaxine hydrochloride seriously saved my life at the time ! I know people are very individual, and respond to drugs differently, but at the least this means that they will eventually find the right one for you. Take Care