PDA

View Full Version : ladies that have had babies

tashbarnes87
28-01-10, 10:41
:( im 11 weeks pregnant and my legs ache & some times really hurt all over.. They hurt at the back at the top & i keep gettimg really tight calf muscles when i walk, obviously i googled :lac:and it said blood clot etc. Is this just a pregnancy thing? xx

Emira7
28-01-10, 10:47
Hey

I ached badly when I was pregnant, my legs cramped alot. From what you are saying something else to consider is sciatica. Again this is common in pregnancy.

go to the docs get a check up - purely because you are pregnant and aches should be. then try and see if you can go swimming every week? Gentle exercise.

Oh - and don't google!

If it is cramps, try drinking some indian tonic water, a glass a day, or ready salted crisps to reduce pain and cramping.
xxx

sb001f8994
28-01-10, 10:51
Hiya,
Im not an expert in this field except for having three kids but I do remember all manner of unusual things happening that Id never had before. Aching in places I didnt know existed, pains in places I didnt know could pain! The thing is once you are pregnant your body changes so much its hard to recongnise it as your own! Your hormones are running wild and your body is preparing for your growing baby, so just as much as you have to adjust to the new baby your body has to adjust too. If you are at all worried though have a word with your practice nurse, she will put your mind at rest, sometimes a little reasurance is all thats needed. Incidently when I was having Amy (my youngest 16 years ago) I had terrible cramp like pains in my calf and my well meaning sister in law, who was training to be a nurse told me I had a blood clot, my mid wife said never to listen to well meaning friends as they always give you the wrong advice!!!
Take care,
Carol x

ames6767
28-01-10, 13:39
Ive had 2 babies and always had really achy legs. I would check it out just to put your mind at rest but sure its just another annoying part of pregnancy x

Lissy43
28-01-10, 13:54
I always ached in early pregnancy.

Go see your Gp though if you are concerned.

DO NOT GOOGLE;-)

juliej
28-01-10, 15:06
Hi,

Don't worry . I've had three children too and got achey muscles. I think you have such a big surge in hormones those first three months it causes lots of body aches and pains. I found it got better mid pregnancy :)

Julie x

joyce1980
29-01-10, 09:45
I had to take 2 weeks off cos my legs were aching so much ....... Arrgh I could not sleep, it also felt like I tore my groin muscle too

Hope you are okies :bighug1: