PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Worse on Diazapam

BexieB
28-01-10, 11:19
Hi All

I was just wondering if anyone else felt that diaz (or other benzos) actually made them worse. I've been taking diaz with my AD for a few weeks now and have felt they made no difference. I continued to take them as prescribed just in case they were making a difference and maybe my anx would get worse if i didn't take them. But yesterday i forgot to take my second dose (i'm on 2mg x 2) and had the best night's sleep i've had in a week. I'm just going to take one 2mg again today and see what happens.

The thing is my actual diagnosis is severe clinical depression, with severe anx. Surely the diaz can't be good for the depression side of things?

Anyway, your experiences would be welcome

Love and Hugs
Bexie

mystics
28-01-10, 11:31
Hi Bexie,
In my own experience with diazapam taking them in the late evening or bedtime can cause restless nights and even vivid dreams,i stopped taking my late evening one and moved it to evening meal time and this seemed to resolve my problems with the restless nights, may not work for everyone but did for me( I take 3 x 2mg diaz and my various other meds for Severe Anxiety and depression) and my dad who was on diaz short term as a muscle relaxant.
Maybe worth discussing the problems you are having with your GP
Hope this has been of some help and wish you many more restful nights sleep :)
Brightest Angel Blessings
Mystics :hugs::hugs:
x

BexieB
28-01-10, 11:39
Mytics, thanks for the reply (and the angels blessings).

I've had a few setbacks on my AD and i think it could be the diaz. I'm just taking one today and see how things pan out. You know when you just have an inkling that something's just not right and it's so hard to believe yourself when the rest of the world says the opposite about the drug.

Anyway ta for your experience

Bexie