PDA

View Full Version : white coating on tounge

mummy4
28-01-10, 16:12
i noticed it last night. it does not hurt or smell. im really worried :(

Starscream
28-01-10, 16:17
Hi - I have this all the time too. Please don't worry too much about it. I don't anymore. It's extremely common and even my dentist laughed off when I suggested it's part of something serious.

Carys
28-01-10, 16:42
Nothing at all to be concerned about, very normal for many people. It is made worse by being anxious, as that makes your mouth dry (anyone who has had panic attacks will know that dry mouth feeling!) and then your tongue gets a 'coated' look to it.

Maj
28-01-10, 16:47
Yes, I think this is a common thing. Maybe drinking more water would help? It'll be absolutely nothing to worry about. We've probably all had it at one time or another.
Myra:hugs:

mikhail1028
28-01-10, 20:37
a tongue scraper will do,,, i also have white coated tongue im a smoker of 10 years

smudger
28-01-10, 20:51
Mines white too. I watched a program once that checked peoples health by the coatings on their tongue. When people ate more healthy and drink more water the whiteness seem to fade or disappear. I know it can be thrush (antibiotics from doc can solve this ). It could also be a coating of dead cells (nothing to worry about). Even dehydration can cause whiteness allowing food to stick. I know if you drink more water it should help with the food but it should improve after a couple of weeks. If not then its not this. I know old people who chew tobacco can suffer with a white tongue (I gather you are young!). Have you tried a tongue scraper or brush it with your toothbrush. If you have no other symptoms (smell, weird taste etc )I wouldn't worry about it, just drink more water n brush or scrape it away if you don't like it:).

mummy4
28-01-10, 21:11
hey there yes i consider myself young at 26 lol. actually i brushed it with my tooth brush this evening and it seems to of improved slightly!

smudger
28-01-10, 21:45
thats gr8.soz bout the age thing. I'm jealous, I'm 41...argh..but my brain thinks its 21!

ps. it's a good job we can't post pics on here, what would we be posting?Let me think...Christian Bale (phoaw!!!!)... Beckham (so so)...John Barrowman (sadly gay!)...no, we would be posting our tongues for a diagnosis! I'm so so sad!

LeighD
28-01-10, 21:52
This is normally dietary related - it is often the sign of bad diet but also happens when you go through a detox. It is really a sign that your body is giving off toxins.

Strongly suggest you eat really well - lots of fruit and veggies, limit the alcohol and caffeine. And I agree - lots of water.

L

mummy4
28-01-10, 22:03
lol smudger

thanks leigh tbh i guess i have been eating a lot of s*** lately x

renegadeoffunk
28-01-10, 22:27
I use to do acupuncture , and the chinese doctor asked me to stick my tongue out , it was white , it could be few things , Stress , diet , alcohol . but its nothing to worry about :)))

marley
29-01-10, 00:33
Do you sleep with your mouth open? That's another cause...

spaced
29-01-10, 01:01
i've had lots of tounge problems nothing to worry about i've had the white tounge and blisters and cracks which were pain full and left me unable to eat if it becomes sore then see a doc they use a horried paste to protect to tounge from further infection if it's just white then not to worry