PDA

View Full Version : hello

anne
27-12-05, 04:07
hello everyone,
Since I have found this site I havent stopped reading , it is such fantastic help.
I am off work with depression and though the meds have had time to work i still feel that I will never cope in work again .... I cant cope at home either everything just gets on top of me I feel anxious and stressed most of the time with knots and tension inside like I`m gonna explode but this site is brill..finding people to talk to .....but my problems havent gone away with the meds they are just further out of reach so now I dont know how to get well I keep hoping it will all go away but I`m getting no where and feel helpless. This is what I`m like up and down like a yo yo, I know it is 2 steps forward and 1 step back but these feeling keep swamping me like I`m drowning in the sea with big waves crashing on my head, and I cant breath....I`m the wage earner in our home and I`ve had so much sick I go on 1/2 pay in the middle on January and we wont have any money for the bills, Good heavens I dont know how to get out of this mess please help...anne

dream
27-12-05, 08:34
hi anne
sorry to hear you are feeling a bit down at the mo ,
hope you will find this site a great help there a lots of
great people on here with lots of great advice ,
take care
denisexx

denise

tammyg
27-12-05, 09:03
Welcome to the site Anne.

Sounds like you are having a tough time at the moment. I am sure you will find lots of support here and some ways forward.

Tammy x

trac67
27-12-05, 12:05
Hi Anne,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Have you tried contacting the DHSS to see if you are entitled to any help whilst you are off work sick, I know myself money worries really do fuel our anxiety symptoms.

Take one step at a time and you will get through this and come out the other side a far stronger person.

Take care

Trac XX

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Meg
27-12-05, 12:43
Hi Anne,

*but my problems havent gone away with the meds they are just further out of reach so now I dont know how to get well*

Meds are not a cure all and are just one facet in a multi aproach to improvement. If depression is your main issue and not anxiety or panic a change of meds may help as different ones suit different people.

You may also benefit from some CBT therapy coupled with a change of lifestyle. It is a hard road to plod and you're right it can be a bit up and down but keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Even if you are not able to go out to work right now can you do a bit of home working to help keep money coming in?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

alexis
27-12-05, 13:07
Hi Anne and welcome, I felt like you last year and I changed my meds after being on them for quite a while and it certainly helped, just a thought.
Take care.xxx

love from Alexisxx

If I help one person today it was worth getting up.

Karen
27-12-05, 14:46
Hi Anne

Welcome to the forum. I also suffer from depression and it is true that the road to recovery is bumpy with lots of ups and downs. Medication can help some people to feel more able to start working through the issues associated with depression but are not a cure.

Some solution-focused type therapy could be very beneficial in helping you to challange and change the negative thinking styles of depression and to develop strategies for life changes to enable you to break the cycle of depression and avoid this trap again in future.

Perhaps you could consider asking your doctor about a referral. There is a lot of support here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

clickaway
27-12-05, 16:36
Welcome aboard, Anne.

You will find a lot of advice and supoort here.

Take Care,

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

nomorepanic
27-12-05, 18:01
Anne

Welcome aboard to you.

Have you read the First Steps page on the website that may offer you some pointers to help you get back on track....

www.nomorepanic.co.uk/firststeps

I hope that we can be of some help to you.

Nicola

sueiamnew
27-12-05, 22:54
Welcome to the site Anne.

freakedout
27-12-05, 23:47
Hi Anne and welcome,

Check out the Department of Work and Pensions site online for info about any benefits you may be entitled to. The sooner you claim the better because it can take a while before your claims are processed.

CBT is excellent for addressing the way that you think and helps with problem solving to ( although I am useless at CBT and usually switch off every time I have a session - arggghhhh), but waiting lists are a bit lengthy I think.

I can relate to how you are feeling and am in a similar work situation and have similar financial worries which only enhance stress anxiety and depression. I hope that you get the support you need from this site but it may also be worth a referral via your GP for further help.

Good luck and take care, Louisa

Tomimo
28-12-05, 13:32
Hello Anne.

I'm new also and like you I have found it great to be able to read that other peopl have felt the same as me and got passed it.

Sorry that you are findig things so tough at the moment. You are not alone. I hope that things begin to improve soon.

Annie x

chucklehound
28-12-05, 19:49
Hi anne and welcome to NMP where you will get lots of support and make some new friends too!:D

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx