PDA

View Full Version : HIV and dizziness (seperate issues)

scorpionwhispers
28-01-10, 19:58
I haven't been sleeping well recently and am feeling incredibly low and that always makes my HA worse. My daughter also has a cold/chest infection so I have been up with her for the last few nights and as such have had incredibly broken sleep with no chance to rest in the day because I work.

I feel like I have constant dizziness and start panicking that I will pass out. I also have a lot of pain in my head, sharp pains that almost feel like for that split second I can't see and make the room spin, then they are gone.

I am also incredibly worried about having HIV. I really am getting incredibly wound up about it and am quite terrified. I have IBS and apparently some symptoms of that are early signs of HIV. I don't really want to look up the symptoms again as I will probably convince myself I have them all...can anyone help reassure me? My situation is quite complicated but makes me worried

mikhail1028
28-01-10, 20:36
What are your risk of HIV infection???? just dont google any symptoms

anxietycontrol
28-01-10, 20:42
hello mate, i know what your going through, i had to wait 13weeks for my test, it was hell.

browsing for symptoms makes things a million times worse. i was convinced i had got it. i went into my own little world for that 13 week period and blocked everyone out.

like you said there is a period called ars between 4-6 weeks after posible exposure that you may get symptoms. i never read ibs symptoms are similar tho.

you anxiety and thinking is probably making your ibs worse.

tom

scorpionwhispers
28-01-10, 20:45
I read that stomach cramps and diarrhea (I know I can't spell that word) are common symptoms too. Thing is around this time of year most people will have those symptoms :(

I am so worried

anxietycontrol
28-01-10, 20:48
i think your looking way to much into it mate but its understanding cos i did. i thought to much about it and it made me not go to the loo for about a week and my guts were in pain due to this.

Starscream
28-01-10, 20:50
My stomach is constantly churning just now as it is.

Reading this thread hasn't helped at all and probably has set me off again.

Don't know if it's the Zinc tablets or anything either

scorpionwhispers
28-01-10, 20:53
I wasn't intending to set anyone else off...sorry.

I was repeatedly forced to sleep with my ex partner and I don't know if/who else he was sleeping with. I am just panicking about it. I know he wasn't HIV+ but the unknown worries me...sorry if TMI

anxietycontrol
28-01-10, 20:54
My stomach is constantly churning just now as it is.

Reading this thread hasn't helped at all and probably has set me off again.

Don't know if it's the Zinc tablets or anything either

i was in denial the whole 13weeks. didnt want to hear that things would be ok cos i had it in my head that i wasnt.

Starscream
28-01-10, 20:57
i was in denial the whole 13weeks. didnt want to hear that things would be ok cos i had it in my head that i wasnt.

I've not used anything with my G/F of a year and a half and she got a test done six months into our relationship and we slept together about 3 times a week in that respect. She came back all clear.

I have bad HA I couldn't even take the test.

I fear that, Cancer, Leukemia, IBS, Meningitis, EVERYTHING. Just everything. So so much. Can't do ECG's or anything because I have it in my head it will come back bad. I hate this. I hate living like this.

I have it in my head I have signs of all of the above.

mikhail1028
28-01-10, 21:00
I've not used anything with my G/F of a year and a half and she got a test done six months into our relationship and we slept together about 3 times a week in that respect. She came back all clear.

I fear that, Cancer, Leukemia, IBS, Meningitis, EVERYTHING. Just everything. So so much. Can't do ECG's or anything because I have it in my head it will come back bad. I hate this. I hate living like this.

you sound just like me mate,, right now its hard to gather up all your courage to take the test im just wishing that this fear would just end,,,

Starscream
28-01-10, 21:02
you sound just like me mate,, right now its hard to gather up all your courage to take the test im just wishing that this fear would just end,,,

I have hypnotherapy on Thursday morning next week.

The same guy I went to cured me for my Flying Anxiety and Motorway Anxiety. I can now fly fine and drive on motorways.

I hope this is also curable.

He is charging a higher fee.

But i hope it is worth it

anxietycontrol
28-01-10, 21:02

HA is somthing we are all dealing with, it drives me mad too, i was just trying to be supportive cos i was in the hiv position at one time. but having h,a ontop of the hiv worries makes everything even more s****

scorpionwhispers
28-01-10, 21:04
HIV is something I have moved on to as soon as I properly started thinking about it

anxietycontrol
28-01-10, 21:05

its hard but it has to be done, i was in the high risk catorgoury and the doc told me that before the test.

Starscream
28-01-10, 21:07
HA is somthing we are all dealing with, it drives me mad too, i was just trying to be supportive cos i was in the hiv position at one time. but having h,a ontop of the hiv worries makes everything even more s****

Yeah.

It's that, plus everything else. I will always be a worrier. About health, job, relationship, everything.

I have a night out tomorrow and I am really dreading it because I will get unwelcome and horrible thoughts and images halfway into the night like I did on a night out in Halloween :weep: where I convinced myself it was my last night out before I went into hospital.

anxietycontrol
HIV is something I have moved on to as soon as I properly started thinking about it

your convinced you got it like i was, you will always see it that way until your tested.

mikhail1028
I wasn't intending to set anyone else off...sorry.

I was repeatedly forced to sleep with my ex partner and I don't know if/who else he was sleeping with. I am just panicking about it. I know he wasn't HIV+ but the unknown worries me...sorry if TMI

to scorpionwhispers,

What are your risk for HIV infection??? did you do it unprotected? come to think of that or is it your conscience or guilt which is haunting you. Ive been to high risk sexual behaviors for the past 2 years on which i doubted myself being infected with HIV (recently my awareness came to its peek thanks to Dr. Google) it bothers me now for almost a month from my job,my family, and my soon to be wife contracting HIV is not easy even though sleeping with a HIV+ person does not mean your are infected if contracting HIV was very easy the statistics would be so monstrous since 1984 just dont google for symptoms,google for HIV+ insights and others it would just make things worst,, as for me right now im sure its just my anxiety,, mind you anxiety and HIV symptoms are alike in some ways but being rational would hep put your mind at ease

Starscream
28-01-10, 21:09
to scorpionwhispers,

What are your risk for HIV infection??? did you do it unprotected? come to think of that or is it your conscience or guilt which is haunting you. Ive been to high risk sexual behaviors for the past 2 years on which i doubted myself being infected with HIV (recently my awareness came to its peek thanks to Dr. Google) it bothers me now for almost a month from my job,my family, and my soon to be wife contracting HIV is not easy even though sleeping with a HIV+ person does not mean your are infected if contracting HIV was very easy the statistics would be so monstrous since 1984 just dont google for symptoms,google for HIV+ insights and others it would just make things worst,, as for me right now im sure its just my anxiety,, mind you anxiety and HIV symptoms are alike in some ways but being rational would hep put your mind at ease

That's a good post.

My past haunted me. I had a pretty bad year in 2007-2008. I settled down in November 2008 though.

The thing is.

I NEVER got ill before I looked it up on Google and Wikipedia.

Since then, I've had so much wrong with me.

scorpionwhispers
28-01-10, 21:10
I don't feel guilty because it wasn't my choice.

Starscream
28-01-10, 21:14
Can I also just say, I don't think IBS is majorly related to such a serious illness like that, as it is a pretty big one in itself ! And there's no mention of it on dedicated IBS websites.

mikhail1028
28-01-10, 21:21
I don't feel guilty because it wasn't my choice.

Then relax my friend and move on,,, thats what im doin right now,, im not sick im just worried and im worrying in the wrong direction:)

scorpionwhispers
28-01-10, 21:23
I can't move on til I know for sure but I am panicking about the results and the wait and getting it done...

mikhail1028
28-01-10, 21:40
I can't move on til I know for sure but I am panicking about the results and the wait and getting it done...

You can cause im doing it too,, never had any HIV tests done yet but ive consulted my GP on this no symptoms, no swelling nodes, No fever I had just a minor problem on my throat globus hytericus its pretty obvious on people sufferrinf from anxiety and a dry mouth,, and i think that its just my mind which is playing tricks on me as of now im still gathering all the courage i have to take a test,,

Stressed32
21-02-10, 23:48
HIV does not have symptoms. That is why a test is the only way to know. HIV is weakened immune system which can be caused from other things as well....like stress, pregnancy, certain foods, recent vaccinations..the list goes on. There are MANY things other than HIV that can and do weaken our immune systems. Also, it is a very hard disease to pass through sex. Stay off of google.