PDA

View Full Version : Appendix removed, worried about C.Diff

benc117
28-01-10, 20:44
Hi, I had my appendix removed on Monday and now I'm worried I might have C.Diff cos I have a warm sensation in my stomach and lots of diarrhoea, I'm getting my surgery staples removed on the 4th of February by a district nurse so should I wait till then and see how I feel and ask the nurse about it?

Maj
28-01-10, 21:01
It may even be a wee infection in the wound. If I were you I'd phone nhs direct and explain your symptoms. Better being safe than sorry. Or you could even phone the ward you were in and ask them for advice. I work in a ward and we often get people doing this.
Myra:hugs:

lauren6
28-01-10, 22:28
I went through a c diff scare. Someone mentioned it to me, I googled it and was convinced. I have IBS and have diarrhea often. So, I had the C-diff stool test and it was 100% negative. Please don't jump to a conclusion like c-diff! Don't do that to yourself simple because your tummy feels warm. You just had surgery, you're going to feel lots of weird sensations. Just keep an eye on your temperature. When you're back on your feet, if you are so worried, you can always get a stool test if your doctor feels it's warranted. From what you're saying, I see no reason you'd have c-diff. I think you have the google monster, like we all do!