PDA

View Full Version : Getting a job!!! AHHH!!!

Brownie
04-02-04, 05:59
Hi all,
I have not been working now since about the beginning of November, and my anxiety and panic attacks have just been so horrible! I do really need to get a job now but I am just completely terrified!My mother has even told me just get something part time for now, but I don't know if I can do it:(. I need money badly and know I have to get a job soonbut i just don't know.....HELP!!! (LOL)

-Christie[:I]

stimpy
04-02-04, 11:01
Try putting your toe in the water before jumping in to the pool.

Starting a new job can be very stressful -
What about a few weeks of part time voluntary work - just to get you into the swing of things before you look for a real job ?

That way if you really aren't ready to start working again, it doesn't matter too much and you can try again when you feel ready.

Love, light and Best wishes
Liz xxx

[:p] Panic Monster & Scatty Eccentric

sarah
04-02-04, 11:42
Hiya Christie

I am in exactly the same boat as you at the moment. I havent worked for a year and I honestly think that the longer I have left it, the harder it has become for me to get back to work.

I started by even panicking when reading the job papers so I kept reading them till I was actually interested in getting a job.
Then I went through a stage where I phoned for application forms but didnt fill them out.
Then I filled them out but didnt send them off.
Now im at the stage where I did send one off and got called for an interview! I went for the interview but panicked and couldnt go in but im not letting it put me off! Im looking at it as a positive further step. 4 months ago I wouldnt even look at the paper so im getting there.
Next time Im convinced im going to be ok and will go in to the interview.
I guess what im trying to say is, take it in small steps, if you get an interview, try checking out the location first. I dont know what sort of job you are after but I am looking for work in a hospital so next time im going to visit the hospital and spent time wandering the corridors till I feel comfortable with the situation.

I hope this helps you, im trying to take my own advice too!!!!!

let us know how you are doing

love Sarah
xx

diana
05-02-04, 06:58
Hiya Christie,

I think what Liz suggested is a great start. Maybe just doing some volunteer work would take the edge off. I hope that you are able to find something soon, as I know when we are feeling strapped financially, that in itself can lead to unnecessary anxiety. You will move on just fine. Just try to take baby steps till you get to where you are comfortable. keep us posted as to how you are getting on with things.

Take care,

Diana xxxx