PDA

View Full Version : Hit my head with a car door

ConstantFear
29-01-10, 07:53
I hit the back of my head badly while closing the door of my car when getting in. I was trying to close the door behind me, but stupid me forgot that my head wasn't in the car yet and that's when it just smashed it. I acknowledge that it may not be that serious considering I'm always in constant fear of physical hits and pain that I take to be worse than it really is. The only thing is that I'll feel like I'm really suffering a concussion at times and act dazed and confused. But then a few hours afterward or a good nap makes me normal again.

Can anxiety cause someone to create their own symptoms that aren't there? Like right now, I'm feeling more extreme pain in my head than I know I should. I've hit my head plenty of times and it would hurt, but the pain would subside after a couple of hours, at most. This hit I suffered occurred about 3 hours ago, but I'm still worried about it. I know I'm being irrational right now, but regardless, it controls me and my behavior. I would hate to believe that I have been creating my own symptoms that feel SO REAL; but I suppose it would be better to learn that than to discover that it is real.

What are some quick tests that I can give myself to identify if a hit on the head is serious or not? Maybe if I learn a few tricks, I'll be able to calm myself down. For instance, when I was so worried about the swine flu before getting my vaccine, I bought myself a thermometer to measure my body temperature every once in a while. I never did get a fever and it helped.