PDA

View Full Version : Please help guys.....petrified:-(.....

ScaredCaz
29-01-10, 08:02
Hi All

I have been here a few times with one thing and another mainly my back

Last night when i was going to sleep i was having my usual horrible thoughts as i do every night you know having a bad illness something happening to my hubby or one of my kids reliving the day my mam died i do this alot

anyway i started to get the usual thought and visions being rushed to hospital being told i am ill i pretty much do this every night i kept opening my eyes not jolting awake just waking i did not feel my heart racing or anything just a bit annoyed with my self for feeling like this

then i started to get a rushing sound in my left ear its hard to describe but it was like a whooshing every second or so did,nt last long and i have had it before but i am scared stiff it is the pulsating i have been reading about that is connected to a blood clot or tumor :weep: i fell asleep on my left side rather than my right and now my left arm aches my shoulders and neck are very stiff even my left foot feels odd please help guys i am so scared

Brunette
29-01-10, 08:31
Thoughts are powerful things Caz,

The rushing and pulsating will have been connected to the fact that you had been having morbid thoughts and what's called "catastrophising."

Anxious thoughts lead to anxiety symptoms, it is as plain as that. Have you read
any self-help books that expain this in more detail?

Anyway, next time you find yourself in such a negative thought pattern why not get up and read for a while to distract yourself, and perhaps take some Kalms or some Nytol to help you feel sleepy?

ScaredCaz
29-01-10, 08:37
Hi Brunette

Thanks so much for your reply

i started councelling last week and she wants to work on my thought process with me i know i must try and stop thinking this way it was 12pm i had to get up at 6am i was worried i would not get enough sleep which of course makes it harder to sllep and i feel much worse health wise if i have,nt slept enough i feel today is going to be a rough day and i may be back later

Thanks again :hugs:

Brunette
29-01-10, 11:14
Hope the counselling helps Caz and hope you get a better night's sleep tonight :hugs:

SamanthaAU
29-01-10, 11:29
Caz, I too am sure it is just all anxiety. Falling asleep can be a very anxiety driven thing for me sometimes as I struggle in that 'zone' you get between awake and asleep. I imagine all sorts of things and before I know it am feeling them and jolting myself awake.