PDA

View Full Version : New to this website

artaylor1
29-01-10, 14:33
Hi i am new to this website, i have been suffering from Anxiety/Panic attacks for about 4yrs now, over the last year the Anxiety has got worse i have nearly every symptom in the symptom list provided on this site. It is really getting me down, have been to my GP who has finally done something and referred me for CBT, although i havnt actually had an appointment through yet! The symptom i have had continuously since yesterday is a feeling of tightness, warmth and tingling around the cheek area near eyes, its really uncomfortable and will not go away, and also this dreadful feeling in the eve when im about to fall asleep, i get this sudden buzzing feeling in the head like my brain has just come alive, it is very scary, it wakes you with a jolt! and a feeling of loss of sensation in the legs feet and arms, does anybody else get this? i would be extremely grateful if anyone has any helpful tips to get me through this.:weep:

diane07
29-01-10, 14:34
Hi artaylor1

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

ZoJo
29-01-10, 14:41
Hi Artaylor,

Welcome to NMP :welcome:
You are not alone on here with any of your symptoms!
You have made a good start by going to your GP and being referred for CBT.
While you wait there are some brilliant self help books (Claire Weekes - sold in the NMP shop) I find rescue remedy very helpful for calming, and the most important thing is to stay positive! Its 4 years of being sensitive to every little feeling you are having so it all feels like too much. Head Zaps at night are a pain!!! But there are a lot of people on here who will relate to everything you are feeling (me included!)
You can beat it!

Good luck x

Andyroo
30-01-10, 00:17
Hello there

Welcome to NMP! theres lots of helpful information here.

Its really good to have you with us!

You will have lots of love and support here!! welcome. :hugs: