PDA

View Full Version : hi fellow sufferers

bronte
29-01-10, 20:18
hi everyone i have suffered with health anxiety for 20 years since my dad died of lung cancer at 54 i have thought i have had every cancer going since then and put myself through invasive test ive had cbt which helped at the time im also on sertraline my anxiety hit an all time high after losing my mum 15 months ago to cancer she was 68 she was my best friend and lived next door i miss her so much she helped me alot the dr says my relapse is to be expected after seeing mum die of a disease im terrified of but i feel im letting mum down because im so weak .

nomorepanic
29-01-10, 20:19
Hi bronte

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Corinne
29-01-10, 20:54
I think you are acting very normal. Those of us who have HA will always fear having what has taken our parents. My grandfather died when he was 54 also. I remember that it was a very hard year when my father turned 54. He was convinced that it would be his last. He lived to be 76.

As for your mother, 15 months isn't a long time. You are not done grieving. The fact that she had cancer elevated your anxiety. I'm sure your doctor is correct. Don't think you are letting your mother down. A mother's love is unconditional whether they are here or in Heaven. Don't let guilt add to your burden. You will be fine in time.
Hugs

bronte
29-01-10, 23:50
thankyou for your reply i know your right but its difficult but im working on it because my aim is to make mum and dad proud of me because they deserve it after all the support they always gave me .

Andyroo
30-01-10, 00:10
Hello there

Welcome to NMP! theres lots of helpful information here.

Its really good to have you with us!

You will have lots of love and support here!! welcome. :hugs: