PDA

View Full Version : citalopram side effects

mike_coventry_uk
30-01-10, 07:07
im on my 3rd day off taking these tablet in a 20mg doseage. my doctor prescribed them after i was continually plauged by feelings i was going to die of a brain tumor.

the only thing is since i have been taking them i have had bad heaaches.mainly centred over my forehead and emple area. these are pretty much constant and ibuprofen and paracetemol dont do alot o aleviate it!

obviously this is making me more anxious as it is a bt symptom,although the dizziness i was previously experiencing has subsided.

i also get a dry mouth and cold sweats.

can anyone tell me if they sufffered similar side affects and how long are they meant to last before the body adjusts?

cheers guys

mike

bronte
30-01-10, 12:29
Hi i couldnt take citalopram because of the side effects im struggling on the ones im taking now but the symptoms you have are typicle side effects of citalopram and other antidepressants so dont worry.

Cell block H fan
30-01-10, 12:55
Sounds like the same side affects my brother said he had when he started them. Keep going, & that will pass.
I had sweats, but I also felt like I was going to die, & had strange burning sensations going through my limbs. I cant really even beging to explain what symptoms I was having, I certainly couldn't have looked after my 2 youngsters at the time with those symptoms. So I stoped them there & then. I am quite jealous you only get headaches & sweats, I wish I had! lol xxx

Soksabaaaiii
30-01-10, 23:10
I've had panic attacks on and off for about 8 years but it turned into panic disorder just over a month ago so was prescribed Citalopram. Currently on day 13 of my 10mg dosage.

Since I've been taking Citalopram I've had symptoms during the attacks I've never had before... like numbness, pins and needles and an intense burning pain all together in my throat and down my arms. I never had an attack while I was asleep either but that started from day one of taking them. The other night I woke up unable to breathe, as if I'd just been winded but it felt like my throat was physically being crushed too and I got worried it wasn't a panic attack because none of my other usual symptoms were there at all.

Anyone else experience constant teeth grinding with it too? Driving me crazy and getting painful now.

scorpionwhispers
31-01-10, 09:56
Surely someone out there has ahd a better experience??