PDA

View Full Version : invasive thoughts

Hayles p
30-01-10, 07:49
Hi
Its been i long time since ive been on here, i felt i have been doing really well.
Then all of a sudden ive been having theses thoughts that i may stab someone, its not that i want to stab someone its that im scared that id do something stupid then i will be in prison. Everyone ive spoken to about it have said its just a thought and that because i suffer with anxiety my brain clings to bad things that iv seen or heard. The last thing i would ever do is hurt someone its the fearof not being in control of my own mind,
Anyway i probably sound like a total loony, just wondered if anyone else had anything like this,.
Thanks

Maj
30-01-10, 10:16
Hello,

Many people have these anxious thoughts so you are not alone. If you look in the ocd forum you'll get lots of advice. You are not alone.
Myra:hugs:

Heavens To Betsy
30-01-10, 13:25
You don't sound like a loony to us, because we have all been there. I had thoughts like this all the time. They went on for a while and now when I get them it hardly bothers me. The same will probably happen to you. I know I wouldn't actually stab someone, just like you never would.