PDA

View Full Version : On Reflection

Jaco45er
30-01-10, 08:57
Just some words and thoughts I have woken up with this morning.

During the past few days, there has been a lot of emotion on NMP by the sad passing of Kazzie, a long time member of NMP, who had many friends here (I did not know her as well as others, but was glad to greet her many times in chat and have a bit of banter, she always brought a smile no matter what).

I found NMP around 3 years ago after a 2nd bout of health anxiety, and instantly found NMP the most helpful, understanding and resourceful online enviroment for which is a difficult condition for non sufferer's to understand (hell I suffer from it, and don't understand it half the time)

These two thoughts alone made me think about the whole community here, and how everyone should be proud to be part if it, from the owners, admins/mods and every member who has ever helped, or had help through NMP.

I know sometimes the odd forum thread kicks off and gets out of hand (yer ok, I been involved in a few) but they always blow over, apologies made and everyone carry's on and puts it behind them, we are an emotional bunch ;)

But I would like to thank Nic and Alex for NMP, the mods and admins (I don't mean me, I am new to this and haven't worked out all the buttons yet lol) and all old and new members alike, for making NMP the most comprehensive support site for anxiety on the net.

If NMP made lager, it would probably be the best lager in the world.

I have also had some very high highs and lows very recently (I won't bore you with the details ;)) which just adds to how I am feeling at present.

Right don't worry, this is not the new Jaco, I will be back to ranting, throwing my rattle out of the pram and getting back to my grumpy old man ways just as soon as I am over this bout of emotion ;)

Bless you all

Jaco x

Going home
30-01-10, 11:17
That's a great message jaco. I think losing Kazzie has sort of turned a corner for alot of people. I think its made us sit up a bit straighter rather than crumble...life isn't so bad if we're here to live it. We will still have our bad days, and what a great family to be part of when we do...:)

Take care
Anna xx

sb001f8994
30-01-10, 11:30
Jaco,
This is such a lovely thread and I feel like nmp has been my saviour. The people I have met here have helped me through some very difficult times even though they themselves have been suffering too.
Thank you everyone for taking the time to listen to me and for all the help and support I have found in chat.
God bless you all
Carol xx

bottleblond
30-01-10, 14:59
Jaco

I agree with every word you said.

When i joined NMP..I was a wreck (i was having constant panic attacks) my quality of life was terrible, i was just in a constant state of fear and i didn't know what direction my life was going in.

I have said this many times over the years, but Jaco was one of the first people to help me. I was a mess and he pm'd me in chat saying something like 'you alright there lass'? Lol..he took the time to talk to me and it really did help help me. Talking to someone that actually understood what i was going through was just fantastic. :hugs:

I have never looked back since that day. Nic, Alex,the admin and mod team, the members.. all of you have changed my life. Ok i may not be cured but i am happy and content again and my quality of life sooooo much better. I have the most amazing friends here whom i adore. :hugs:

I said to Nic (nomorepanic) yesterday that she created a miracle when she created NMP and by god it's true.

I truely love this community that we are all a part of

Lisa
xxxx
:flowers:

weeble40
30-01-10, 15:29
Jaco keep ya chin up, we always be here for you, grumpy or not your loved and respected by many, and thats enough sentimental mush from me for one day, totally agree with what you and Lisa say NMP is a great place to be, I proud and honoured to be a part of it

Emms xxxx

ladybird64
31-01-10, 16:50
I found NMP by chance after hunting through the Internet trying to find some info on what I now realise was Panic Attacks and Agoraphobia.

I had lived with this for more than twenty years, worked 2 jobs and brought up a family and I was at breaking point, seriously doubting my own sanity.

This is the most amazing resource that I have ever come across and the advice, support, comfort and strength shared among members is what makes NMP unique.

It's free (unlike so many others :winks:), is available 24 hours a day and there are no waiting lists.

Kazzie's passing has highlighted just how strong NMP and it's people are and it's not the first time I have seen I have seen so many members unite, although obviously for different reasons.

Nothing else can match it and nobody else can match the people that make it what it is.

Nic, Alex and all you admin and moddy people..we may give you a bit of grief but you will always have our grateful thanks.

And all the othe NMP'ers here..I would be lost without you all. :hugs:

crissy
31-01-10, 17:55
I will be eternally grateful for NMP, just to be understood is so reassuring, to be able to chat with other people in a situation similar to yourself brings so much hope. I feel part of a special community, even though it's only been a few weeks for me, you are all an inspiration.
Thank you with all my heart.
crissy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

carli
31-01-10, 18:05
Such a lovely thread. xx

Louise21
31-01-10, 20:20
Jaco,
I hope you'll soon be feeling better again.
I, too, am really grateful to NMP and am so glad I joined.
Best wishes.

Veronica H
31-01-10, 21:07
:bighug1:Well said Jaco.

Veronicax

nomorepanic
31-01-10, 22:15
Aww what a lovely post and some lovely replies.

We have a fab bunch of supportive people here and I never imagined how big NMP would grow over the years.

Ladybird - thanks for all the reported posts you do. Suzy sue is another one that always alerts us to spammers and dodgy posts lol.

We really do have a fab community spirit here and long may it continue.

I also really appreciate the admins and chat room mods and all their help and support to keep things running so well.

Bill
04-02-10, 15:57
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDnb920Zsbw&feature=related :hugs: