PDA

View Full Version : Constantly panicing

Lanxter
30-01-10, 11:32
Hi, well I have suffered from OCD and anxiety for quite a few years now and had up until recently got a lot better.

My gf went to uni around 2 months ago and ever since I have been a nervous wreck, I'm panicking and freaking out,shaking, having problems sleeping and even thinking crazy stuff.

For some reason I constantly think she is going to leave me or meet someone else, even though I have spoke to her and she says that she really likes me and I'm the only guy shes kissed in two years.

But even though I know this I still can't help constantly freaking out and its driving me mad.

I feel quite silly getting this worked up over it but I can't help it.

I just don't know what to do.

Mark

NatalieSmith
30-01-10, 12:07
Hello :3
Well, if your girlfriend say that she really likes you, you should try to trust her. I mean, if she didn't really felt love for you, why would she say that she feels it? :D And it seems all this is caused by your anxiety. When you think about something really bad all the time, then the attacks and lack of sleep can come daily ._.' You just have to understand that she really likes you and that everything will be alright! And when those "crazy thoughs" and anxiety come, try to do something really distracting, like reading a really good book or even take a walk :D

Just try to think that everything will be ok, even though know it's hard right now ^^

Lanxter
30-01-10, 12:19
Thank you natalie that's really nice to know and helpful :)

I just feel a bit like I'm going mad.

Ill try having a walk in a mo and see how i feel after

thanks
Mark

NatalieSmith
30-01-10, 12:23
Oh, the feeling of "going mad" is normal! I used to have that though all the time, and I know how scary it is ._.' But you don't have to worry about it, 'cause it's just your anxiety that makes you think those awful things! Just try to calm down and believe that you will get better, no matter how hard it is right now :D

You won't go mad! So don't worry and try to relax :3