PDA

View Full Version : Eczema & Cancer.

Kraggy
30-01-10, 15:45
Soo, I've been stupid..very very stupid...

About two weeks ago I went to the doc to check out a weird dried out patch on my thumb & wrists - Eczema he said and he gave me some stuff that I have to put on it and I am supposed to bandage it whenever I can.

Now I admit I dont exactly follow those rules specificly, because I follow a chefs education and working with bandaged hands & wrists and exactly easy.

I was curious if there were any other things I should watch for when trying to cure it so I decided to check out Wikipedia. I went to the Eczema part - Where I could pick several types of Eczema, I took the one which seemed most alike and then I read it.

Its also a sympton of several types of Cancer.

With the eczame actually spreading it now has a fairly big patch on my wrist, the majority of my thumb and a lump on the skin of my hand, aswell as two lumps on the other hand.

Ugh.. I just hope its nothing to worry about

Rob83
30-01-10, 17:03
I have had eczema for my whole life, it does spread, and does feel lumpy for time to time, if its on your hand the only thing you need to do is keep it clean and dry, use a rubber glove if a bandage is too restrictive (not for long periods, they make your hands sweat and sweat irritates eczema) I'm guessing that the stuff you refer to is hydrocortisone cream, or betnovate cream, just keep applying the cream and keep it clean and it will clear up in a few days.

ElizabethJane
30-01-10, 17:18
sent you a reply but it has gone!! In a nutshell: apply creams to affected areas twice a day cover with cotton gloves or a dry bandage. If possible ban any products cleaning and toiletries that contain fragrance mix (will say parfum) on packet. Apply an emolient like aqueous cream liberally after bathing and washing your hands. Your eczema will get better but it might take a few weeks. Always use unperfumed handcream ie neutrogena and always wear gloves outside in the cold weather. I'm sorry that you have cancer fears. If your eczema shows no sign of disappearing then go back to your GP

Kraggy
28-02-10, 14:10
Hello everyone, Sorry my reply comes so late. Thank you for the info.

The eczema is still there, although not as worse. The big patches on my wrists have nearly cleared up, and on my thumb they were nearly gone aswell. However now a "New eczema" came up instead it seems :o They're reaaaly small fluid filled blisters or something..

I had them on one Thumb a few days ago, they dissapeared and instead left veeery dry skin behind. So I went on with my normal fatty cream to keep the skin moist...

Now the blisters have popped up on my other thumb aswell! That has so far been Eczema free!

I got curious, naturally. Was stupid enough to check Wikipedia.

And there it went again - People with this form of Eczema have an increased chance to get Intestinal Lymphoma. (Or something like that, dont want to go back and read it again..)

This scares me alot ofcourse..Because I've been having belly aches & back pains for several years now..When my HA started I finally got to rest by Blaming it on maybe having IBS, But now that thought is shatterd. o.o

Stupid me. pfft.

Trish
28-02-10, 14:44
Hiya

Check out my thread on DH

Trish

Kraggy
28-02-10, 14:50
Just did xD

Peter_Scott
28-02-10, 14:50
There are so many benign conditions that make you more susceptible to chronic disease or cancer, but normally it only increases the chances by such a small % I wouldn't worry too much. It is like acid reflux can make it more likely you could get cancer, but to put it into perspective, doctors say the increase is less than 1%.

Kraggy
28-02-10, 15:39
Hrmmsh well Peter thank you for your msg, but the reassureance of that post is decided by how you look at it :P

Imagine if there's only a 0.01% chance to get cancer - Then should I look at it as 1% of 0.01%. Or just 1% so 0.01% becomes 1.01% chance :P