PDA

View Full Version : Good days, bad days, good days

chokurei3
30-01-10, 17:20
Hi everyone, well ive had my medication changed yet again to citalopram 10mg, im on this dose as my body cannot tolerate 20mg, so the rest is up to me. The lofepramine were bad for me as my hair was really falling out and if I was to say I had constipation would be an understatement, my body was rebelling by not wanting to expel at all so the tablets had to go! So my anxiety is struggling at the moment, not like I was any better, but I did find the information from this site about self help really helpful, so thanks author.

All my days consist of controlling my anxiety mainly through self help, by keeping my mind occupied and not on myself seemed to help, a distraction if you will, however, how long can one keep that up when sometimes all you want to do is sit and relax !!!! I decorated two rooms to keep busy, read endless books, took up knitting, swimming, amongst other things. Well I suppose I have progressed, not nearly as bad as I was in Sept last year, so yes there is progress.

So you could say I have good days and bad days, hopefully I will be able to slowly increase the Citalopram which may help, not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel yet, but im starting to have some sort of hope.

I have set myself new challenges, I drove my car for the first time in ages, was a bad experience for me, but the second time a week later was better. i started college to weeks ago, on a wed night, had an anxiety attack in class (it was the fight or flight scenario) but with breathing techniques I worked it out of me so I saved myself from embarrassment, the following week no panic attack, but had a minor panic attack on the way home in my car, but I still class the past two weeks as a success.

Im still struggling with the everyday anxiety, what can I do except what Im doing already. I read your threads and sometimes find inspiration I hope you can find a little inspiration for those who are in the depths of their illness now. There is hope for us all and I will keep using the self help techniques.

Be well everyone

debs x :bighug1:

den68
30-01-10, 18:22
it sounds to me like your taking control. You are managing to do things that scare you and keep pushing on. At first you will have good and bad days but slowly the good days come more often than the bad. Keep up the good work. well done

denise