PDA

View Full Version : I'm a mess :'(

hoppipolla
31-01-10, 02:08
Not mentally, mentally I'm just tense, but physically... help :weep::weep::weep::weep::weep::weep:

I think that anxiety is doing all of this, I'm sure it is :( My skin has changed recently (about 6 months ago or so in the space of under a week) and I am experiencing another change which is even more scary but I don't want to talk about (and no it's nothing sexual :( ).

Oh dude i HATE anxiety or not even so much feeling tense I don't mind that it's the way it keeps kicking you with physical problems when you're down :(

I've learnt that my problems are most likely down to high levels of the hormone Cortisol, which CAN have effects on your physical health, I don't care what people say, it's TRUE :(

Stress triggers adrenaline and cortisol (amongst other hormones but less important ones) and they trigger other things.

Sorry, I'm in a bit of a mess here, mainly because ok my skin I could cope with but the new problem is even worse :weep: (I don't wanna talk about it :( )

I just, I was so proud of myself and my physical appearance and.. not in a vain way or a self-centred way just content and confident, you know? And now it feels like it's all being undermined by stress and silly out-of-control hormones :(

Man the body sucks ._. lol

So, I'm trying to find ways mainly to lower my cortisol, I haven't confirmed this with the doctor but the facts back it up, she is checking for hyperthyroidism though so that's one maybe, but that doesn't explain what I've been experiencing as much as hypercortisolism does.

I'm really sorry to be in such a frenzy, it's just all happened so fast, in less than a year.

I'm really scared, even though I think I know the causes and how to treat them, I'm still scared.

Sorry to bother everyone.

Bye,

Hoppi ._.

Corinne
31-01-10, 02:40
You're not bothering anyone! This forum is here for support, and I've received plenty!

Anyhow, I know what you mean about the adrenals. I just had the 24 hour test for adrenal and pituitary problems. Yes, it can mess you up physically. You don't need to convince anyone of that! Isn't there a med you can take for that? I'm not sure. When I went through all the anxiety of waiting for my test results, I did a lot of Googling, but I can't remember what I read.

It's very normal for you to feel as you do. When you have a known physical problem, of course you are going to be anxious.

I would never try to invade your privacy, so please understand that I'm not asking about your specific illnesses. The only thing I can say is to follow your doctor's advice, take the prescribed meds and have faith that they will do what they are supposed to do. I know it's all easier said than done. I wish you the best. Please try to relax and distract your mind.

Many hugs to you.

Anxious_gal
31-01-10, 04:25
aw It is hard when anxiety causes you to have real physical symptoms!
for me my hair has gotten thin. i used to have lovely thick hair.
at first i thought my thinning hair was my overactive imagination until my friends pointed it out!!
my skin is more sensitive to beauty products, shower gel......
maybe take pictures of your skin? so then you have more evidence for your doctors to go on :-)

hoppipolla
01-02-10, 06:58
Hiya thanks both of you :)

Its good to hear I'm not alone. Man its scary stuff, its just... I dont know how to stop anxiety now. If its my thyroid though then thats not my fault its just the way I'm made, and it would explain why even as a kid in primary school I was a complete hyperactive terror.. ah good times! ^_^

Thats the thing though if its my thyroid I totally forgive it coz its given me just as much fun as unhappiness, but really now it needs to stop before it destroys my body O.O

If its cortisol then I need to regulate that really soon. Do you guys have any other theories on what can trigger these physical effects like skin changes etc?
Oh and Corinne what's that 24 hour test? I really want to check my adrenal and pituitary too but I'm too scared for another blood test (I fainted after the last one! heh ._.)

Thanks so much both of you and take care,

Hoppi! :)