PDA

View Full Version : Help - I am so over this

Lauz
31-01-10, 08:10
I am at my wits end with pure frustration. I have been getting constant headaches for the past 6 - 7 weeks. During this time I was diagnosed with anxiety and panic attacks which I have been put on medication with (Pristiq), for me it has worked a dream, I am no longer feeling anxious on a daily basis and my panic attacks have stopped, a dream come true. Along with the anxiety & attacks at the same time I have had a really bad neck, mainly the left hand side which is the same side as my headaches. I have been seeing an osteo and have made some progress but the neck pain is still there.

The long and the short is I am just over having the headaches constantly, some days are better than others. The pain isn't throbbing it is more dull and achy, which subsides or sometimes becomes more intense.
This is the one thing that is holding me back still from feeling like myself again, I am constantly thinking about it and what is causing it.

My brain is thinking quite rationally these days compared to before which is great but with the headache constantly there from when I wake up to going to bed I can't help but think about what is causing is??

I have been to my doc for the check up on the meds and he didn't seem to concerned by the headaches and said the meds could be causing it or my neck. I know that this is rational but I get stuck in those moments where I just start thinking how can it be that and not be something more serious...

Can anyone relate or give me some advice here. I am honestely doing so well with everything else and this is just holding me back.

Thanks all, sorry that was a long one :)