PDA

View Full Version : Full blown lymphoma

lilypippin
31-01-10, 12:42
Hi everyone,

A couple of days ago I posted saying I had found a small mobile lump in the side of my neck. Thanks for all your replies - they made me see it is prob just a normal lymph node - but the problem now is that I of course checked the rest of my neck, and on the same side have found a small, fixed, hard lump...all the characteristics of lymphoma. I have recently had a cold, but can infections cause the nodes/glands to feel fixed and hard?? Everytime I ask Dr Google, it says fixed and hard is lymphoma, and nodes swollen from infection and mobile and more spongy. I also have recently developed eye floaters in one eye, which I have read can indicate metastatic cancer.

I had a full blood count done 10 weeks ago after my caesarean for my second child. Would that have looked at the cells that show up abnormal in lymphoma? (think it's leucocytes?) And would a test 10 weeks ago have shown problems if I can feel a lump now? ie - how early can the bloods show problems, or would they only show as being abnormal once it's advanced enough to feel a lump?

Thanks for reading, I'm going crazy worrying here.

xx

SamanthaAU
31-01-10, 12:48
I think you are probably fine. I know I had a swollen lymph node in my neck for ages, just from a pimple in the same spot!

Why don't you go and see a 'normal' doctor (as opposed to doctor google lol) and put your mind at rest.

I am sure you would have other symptoms if there was something seriously wrong.